I do hate with a passion of the fires of hell dread Monday mornings. I have usually enjoyed the weekend spent with my family so much I just hate to see it end. The only thing I don't hate about Monday morning is visiting Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday. It is a great way to chase the "Ick....it's Monday" feeling right out of the room. Yesterday I finished some framing I had wanted to get done. I didn't frame the photos in any traditional way. I used glass, scrapbook paper, Mod Podge and ribbon.
I took 2 sizes of glass. One is 5x7 and the other is just bigger than that.....like 6x8. I cut a piece of ribbon and some scrapbook paper. I Mod Podged the paper to the front of the bigger piece of glass and let it dry. (I did that for one. For the rest I just skipped the scrapbook paper and went straight for the glue.)
Then I glued the ribbon to the front of the bigger glass and put glue on the back of the 5x7 piece of glass and squished them together. I put some books on this and left it for a while.
Then I came back and Mod Podged the picture to the front of the 5x7 glass and put Mod Podge to the front of the picture too. It dries fairly quickly.
Then you have a beautiful family picture (or any other photo) that you can hang on the wall.
Here is the one with the scrapbook paper. I also used bigger ribbon.
Then I took this piece of mdf with a ribbon attached to it that I bought at the dollar store. So many uses for this thing. I think I will go back later today and get a couple more.
I Mod Podged some scrapbook paper to this and found some stickers from my stash and went to work. I glued the photo down (with what else.....Mod Podge) and put a thick layer over all of it. I think that I will go back and cut off the ribbon and replace it with one I like better.
Quite the metamorphosis if I do say so myself. Easy as pie....if you're into that sort of thing.
We've Moved!
1 year ago

8 comments:
Love your picture project, it is always great to do something new with all those pictures, wonderful idea..I'm a new follower and i'll return, come visit...
Your blog will be my official go to blog to look up craft ideas!!
Nothin' but ooohhh's and aaawwww's from me, Lori!!
Such a cute idea!!
I absolutely love seeing all the ways that you have displayed the photos from your shoot. It makes me so happy every time I see them.
Hey Lori, cute project!
Just thought I'd let you know I posted instructions for the muffin pan countdown on my blog! Come on over and take a look. If you need anything else, let me know!! Thanks for your comments!
Will you and your family just move here so you can be my official decorator!
Fun and cute. You're amazingly crafty--in a good way.:)
Post a Comment