Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Rainy Day Fun

It's really cold and rainy today. I have a cold and so to self medicate I whipped out the spray paint. It really is therapeutic. I had to use it in the garage though. I hate to do that. My poor car had to sit outside in the rain. Oh well....Here's what I did.
Months ago I landed (quite by mistake) on a blog where this fabulous lady sells vinyl lettering. Well, you all know I LOVE VINYL LETTERING!! And I saw some of the projects she did and I was inspired. I had a bunch of frames that I have been buying from Good Will and such that were screaming for me to use them.
As you can see some of them are fancy and some are not so much. I loved them all and so the project began.
I'm not sure if you all know this...but most pictures, even though they are gallery wrapped, can be removed to use the frame for something else. All it takes are some simple tools. I used a mommy screw driver a butter knife and Jim's old trusty needle nose pliers.
I am really impatient and I don't love taking forever on a project so I just rip into the back and go from there. After I got all the pics and glass out of the frames I took the frames out to the garage for a couple coats of magic in a can black spray paint. In between coats I washed the glass and cut the scrapbook paper to go behind the letters.
I am forever forgetting to take good "before" pics...so here is what I got. Just so you know I do have a few more picture projects to finish and hang before this is really finished. I will post that someday. Maybe today...maybe not.
So here are the frames all pretty and black and.....lettered. Not too bad for an hour out of my oh so lazy massively productive day. I guess if you have to be sick and it is raining outside....this is as good as anything to pass the time. Maybe I'll make bread now.......

10 comments:

Kim said...

I love the FAMILY wall...awesome, awesome, awesome.

Rochelleht said...

Ok, that is too cute! I love your photo wall! Adorable.

Connie said...

Those turned out great. I especially love the paper background. Thanks for sharing your finished project. Also thanks for linking me with this post. (Just tell everyone that you meant for the letters to be that way, you are the artist after all.)

Hugs to ya,
Connie

the mom~ said...

Love the FAMILY!

Charlene said...

I love it!! It's my favorite so far!!! (I think I may have said that to everything you have done!)

Jackie said...

I LOVE IT!!! what is the link for the letters?

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Looks great - thanks for sharing.

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

WOW...what a outstanding looking family wall you have now! Thanks for sharing your idea with us.

Blessings,
Linda

Nae said...

Muy bonito!! I like your in-progress photos too. Well done!!

Shayna @ Texas Monkey said...

I so love this, I must try and recreate it for my home, thank you for sharing, and what an awesome gift these would make for grandparents.