Friday, October 9, 2009

Without My Hubby

As I become more confident, I am finding abilities that I really didn't know I had. I know I make Jim very nervous with my new found independence. So I do try to be careful. Yesterday in my blog lurking I stumbled across these fine women at Shanty 2 Chic . They are having a link party called"I made it without my husband". While I do like having Jim's input...sometimes I just want to get it done fast his time table just doesn't work out for me. So here is our cast of characters: 2 Styrofoam centered pumpkins, an old knife and hubby's saw. I tell you...I stink at before pics. Here is a plastic charger I bought for 25 cents at GW. It was red. I started with the knife....it didn't work out for us...so I switched to the saw. After almost cutting into my finger I really started to wonder if the saw was a good idea....but I persisted. Until the first pumpkin was half of it's former beauty. Loved it. So easy. So I dug into the next victim pumpkin.
Not as easy. This was going to take a while. The skin plastic was tough....and.....wait.... there seems to be a problem. I consider myself a relatively strong female (Thanks Natalie) but the saw seemed to be stuck..... Now who's bright idea do ya suppose that was!!!!! Seriously?? A chunk of concrete??? WTH! Well, I was determined at that point. So I whittled and carved and tried to pry around it until..... There it is...and it's not even centered in the pumpkin!! If I had been paying buy the pound for this little gem.....I'd be miffed.

So here we have the blood guts and feathers of the project.....and yes, the kitchen counter seemed as good a place as any to use a saw....ish.....No harm no foul. So I took my liquid nails and some pretty ribbon that just happened to follow me home from H.L. yesterday and.......
There you have it. A pretty little pumpkin to hang out in one of the pumpkin patches that have taken over my living room. Now...for the bathroom project..........

5 comments:

Shanty 2 Chic said...

Aw! That's a cute idea!!! Can't believe they put concrete in those things! Thanks so much for linking up with us! ~Ashley

Charlene said...

LOVE IT!!!

Shanty 2 Chic said...

Your pumpkin looks so cute on that charger! Who would have thought that they would have a little piece of concrete inside!!!?? Thanks so much for linking up with us! ~Ashley

Grandma Rozla said...

Ooo - I like it. You need to come to Montana and teach me the finer art of GW shopping!

the mom~ said...

WH is right with the concrete!!! Love the finished product!