Monday, June 11, 2012

Wedding Cake

There is a funny tradition (or not funny, depending on your politics)  that has evolved from the sharing of the ceremonial first piece of wedding cake. Some couples have decided that mushing it into each other's face is good form. I say probably not. Somehow we didn't tell Kevin what was expected ....at all. Here they are slicing into the pretty cake....

And knowing that he gets a bite....he just throws it in!!!
  I love the look here on Abby's face. She's all, "Really Kevin?" Love it.
"What?? Why are you looking at me?? What?"
 "Oh!" I didn't know....let's try again!"
 I love his red tongue...that red velvet really packs a punch!
 They were so careful to not get any cake on their sweetheart....Kev knows how to feed cake to his new bride!! No red crumbs on her white dress!!! Well done guys!!
 Such a fun day for our family. There were little moments like this throughout. It was amazing. I am still a little giddy about the whole thing. It was truly magical.

4 comments:

Connie said...

Awwww! They were so kind to one another. What a cute couple!!!!

the mom~ said...

I LOVE the red inside the cake. And Abby's dress was beautiful!

Kathleen said...

looks delish! and, i agree that it's NOT okay to make a mess on your new husband's/wife's face with the cake--good boy, kevin, for keeping abby clean!

Nae said...

This is hilarious! I love your commentary with each shot. I feel like I was THERE! Such great memories preserved by you. Red Velvet is one of my favs with cream cheese frosting of course. Such an adorable couple!