So did you know I HATE frogs? Not just a little mind you. They are right up there with my loathing for mice. They are slimy, unpredictable and like to hang out in weird places. My brother was a creature catcher when we were growing up. Well, one of us grew up. The other still catches things to take home and raise...eeewwww. Not kidding. One time my Mom found a bucket of salamanders in his closet. Oh man...eeeewwww! Another notable time he had a bucket of frogs hiding in his room. Well, needless to say, frogs are tricksy. They worked on a plan and fled captivity. Yeah, right into the next door bathroom. Guess who had dibs on the first shower that day (one bathroom 4 kids, another blog, another day). Yep, me...eeeewwwww! So instead of being upfront about their escape they decided to wait until after my shower to make a break for the door. So here I am singing (very softly because it's early) into my hair brush and what do I feel slip between my foot and the floor. Yep...eeeewwww! So of course what's a girl to do in a house of sleeping people? Very quietly take a step back to survey the damage...and...wait for it...EEEEWWWWW!!!! You guessed it, the buggers had me surrounded. Lucky for me my sweet Mom was just getting up and heard my quiet plea for death and came to see what was vexing me. She helped me get cleaned up and went to get Travis to round up his charges. As if that weren't bad enough. I was corralled into helping Mom and Travis drive the frogs to their former ditch of residence. Of course now that the buggers had tasted the good life inside the big house, they wanted to stay. So yet another break out ensued. Trav had the bucket in the front seat and somehow 3 frogs made their way to the back seat where I was, still trembling. As if the mere sight of them wasn't enough to send me into full blown convulsions one decided to slip between my flip flop (formerly known as a thong) and my foot. EEEEWWWWWW! Lucky for both of us I was sitting, so the proper amount of pressure was not applied to his thin skinned frame. Why do I dredge up these past horrors so early in the morning? Well, the rains came back to MN this week. Guess what also returned? Yep...eeeewwww. Kevin had about 10 (that we could see) living frogs and around 4 dead frogs in his window well. EEEEEWWWWW! I just wonder how long it will take them to figure out how to infiltrate my inner sanctum. I feel a little comfort in the fact that Kev is in the basement and I am on the top floor...but there is still that feeling of eyes in the dark corner watching, waiting for me to take a step...EEEEEWWWW!!



They are really hard to see as they are the color of the dirt. Dirty buggers. Think they have it all figured out. The pic at the bottom has a big dead one in the middle. There are some BIG bugs in the top two. They are red and black. I've never seen them before. Any guesses how many frogs are in the pictures? Well, now that we've shinned the flashlight into another dark corner of my mind, I'm going to go mop my floor and hope not to see any more frogs. EEEEWWWWW!!!
2 comments:
EWWWWWW....is right! I bet that jumpstarted your heart for the day! I have not seen a frog since I have lived here...it must be where you live. I have encountered a mouse in my house and bats outside of our house, but no frogs. The bats, I could handle, they are outside they leave you alone, and they eat mosquitoes. The mouse in my house...well, I called Roger from work and told him I was not coming out of my bed till the mouse was gone!
N to the asty!!!
Post a Comment