Well, it's not his FIRST haircut. It's just the first one he's given himself. Yep. Part of the pre-mission training program at the Reader household is haircut 101. For years and years I have cut Jim and Kev's hair. And before I did it....my Mom did. In fact in the 20 some odd years I've known Jim, he has never paid for a haircut. True. Kev has a couple of times....you know....when Mom wasn't doing it right. Whatever. I'll have you know I am a wiz with the clippers. But now it is time to pass the torch.

Time for Kevy to learn this vital skill so that he will be able to maintain that close crop all the young missionaries are sporting now-a-days. Who knows...at $5 a pop....maybe he can supplement his missionary income.

If you didn't know...we are waiting with baited breath to get his mission call in the mailbox. Just about the time I am leaving for Idaho
....it should be here. Drat! Oh well. Not much I can do about that. We are so excited and can't stop singing the primary song....."I Hope They Call Me On A Mission....." So if you have any advice or counsel that you think I will benefit from....please leave it for me....I am going a little crazy. Oh, and a shout out to Michelle, who at this very moment is being prepped for her c-section. Baby Cooper is set to arrive at about 7:30 (Mountain Daylight Savings Time). WOOHOO!!!
6 comments:
I learned something new about you: You are a professional hair technician! I've been in charge of my hubby's hair for the past 15 years myself. Cutting hair is a great skill to have. My plan is to let the girls practice on their dad's head this summer. Ha!
Kevin - you did great on your cut... very handsome!
Any advice...nope, fresh out sorry!
I can't imagine sending one of my boys off I'd be a wreck too.
And woohoo for Coop, in 30 min he'll be here!
I think he should charge $10 a haircut! We (friends in blog land) are very excited for you and the new addition to the family....is he here yet..nope it's 7:10 a.m. (MST). Let us all know!
he will find MANY members out there with hair cutting abilities. Don't worry, there are missionaries moms all around the world that take SUPER good care of the missionaries...knowing that somewhere else in the world, their child needs taken care of as well. Its a pay back - you know :)
How fun! So excited for you guys! The other day, we took the youth to the temple for baptisms and the officiator told us he is the one who wrote, "I Hope They Call Me On A Mission". I told him about the assembly we had in high school where a bunch of jocks from the class of '89 got up did a lip sync to that song. Do you remember that? The temple guy was so thrilled to hear that story. It was kinda funny.
Hope you have a great time in Idaho! If you need a place to stay in Salt Lake City, let me know!
Kev might enjoy this new missionary preparation website sponsored by the Church. Here's the link:
http://www.mormonmissionprep.com
Post a Comment