It's true. I can always count on Jo for the brutal truth. So I get to this point in my painting this morning and Jo saunters through on her way to school.

I was having an avocado moment and wanted some reassurances that this color was as fabulous as I was hoping it would be. "Well, what do you think?" I asked her earnestly. "It looks like poop." She very plainly stated....and walked out of the room. I had such a Steve (my Dad) moment. My Dad has been known to drop bombs like that and walk away leaving you feeling eviscerated....bleeding in a crumpled heap on the floor. Not to be deterred I countered with, "Oh yeah.....well then someone ate a lot of broccoli!" Ha, I told her. She just laughed at me. Seriously, who does she think she is? Laura Ashley herself? Bah. She doesn't know. But I was having a bit of an insecure moment and was about to go into panic mode...and Kevin walked in. My own little ray of sunshine. "Hey, Mom....this looks great! You should just stop with one coat. It really does look good." THANK YOU!! That is all I needed to hear. Hey, Mom, take a step back and see the big picture. It looks great from here. Sometimes it's good to adjust our perspective. Take a second, back up and look at the big picture. I'm going to do that today. Not just with my paint (BTW I do love it and can't wait to get the second coat on) but with life in general. Man, I will miss this kid. SIDEBAR: Mission call update....6 more days until we can start to wait anxiously by the mailbox....every day.....until it gets here.
8 comments:
Aren't kids great! Two totally, different, unique personalities..it makes the world go around.
Oh...and I like the paint job!
I have recently become a hugely big fan of green. Yellow still has my heart, but green comes in a very close second. So, I really like your wall! We have two walls in our bedroom done a similar color. Every time I see it, it makes me smile. Have fun painting...and waiting for the mission call!
I LOVE it!!! And woohoo for Kev...I know you miss him though!
hhhmmmppphhh get in line! LMAO!! What a dad moment indeed! LOVE IT! Jo is awsome! Kevin is so fabulous too! You have great kids oh yeah and great taste in paint! I cant wait to get to see it in person!!
I love the green! I think you do a great job picking out colors! I have liked everything you have picked in your house so far!!
Crack me up! I love hearing how your kids keep you on your toes! Love the paint color and can't wait to see it in person.
Oh, what a delightful blog you have! Glad I stumbled upon it!
Post a Comment