Saturday, May 16, 2009

Mission Call

It's official!! Kevin reports to the SLC Mission Training Center on July 15th. He will be serving in the Fort Worth, Texas mission. I am SO excited for him. I do wish I had been there when he opened his call....but....what could I do. He is very excited and looking forward to serving the Lord for two years. I will keep you updated as I get more details. For now...YAY TEXAS!!

9 comments:

La Mujer Loca said...

So VERY exciting. He's going to be a great missionary. Can't believe he's that old, though.

Charlene said...

Yay!!!! How exciting for you all!! We are happy for him and looking forward to hearing all his missionary experiences!!!

Kim said...

Awesome! You have to be so proud of him. I look forward to the updates.

Rochelleht said...

SHUT UP!!! That is SOOOO stinkin' cool. I can't believe it. Hopefully, he'll come to my ward at some point in two years.

Kevin will love our mission. Pres. Thurstun is a great guy. He's REALLy big. Like, super tall. Good good missionaries running around here.

SOOOOO excited for you guys!!

the mom~ said...

WOOHOO for a local, or some what local mission. Sun Country has lots of cheap flights from MSP to DFW...just in case you "happen" to be in the area one weekend or something...
;)

Nae said...

This will be an incredible experience for Kev. I'm glad to hear he is happy with the placement. Just think, he won't have to deal with MN winter for a while!!

Kim said...

I am sorry you weren't there too, BUT so happy you were with me! Try and rememer to breath tese next few months, take it all in and enjoy the ride! You have prepared Kevin well, he will do a great job! I love you and am so sad you left me today! Be safe! Hugs!

Diana said...

Hey Lori! Found you through Cindy. Tell Kevin Congrats! It was so fun to run into you!

Cindy said...

Texas will be fun. Now let the list making begin :) I see you're a fan of the Pioneer Woman's blog too. I just recently discovered her, and am totally addicted and in love.