This is the day of Ben and Katelyn's wedding in the Laie, Hawaii Temple. We were so excited to celebrate with them. We were their YM/YW leaders in Papillion and have watched their relationship unfold from the beginning.
Of course I had planned on straightening my hair and being all pretty for the day. But half way through my blow drying the power went out!!! Yep...so there I was...neither curly nor straight.
But there are just some things you get to roll with and that was one of them! I didn't even put on makeup. That is how chill I was.
As you can see, we took a few selfies. What else were we supposed to do to pass the time!!??
It was so uplifting to be in such a sacred place. It was a once-in-a-lifetime experience that I won't soon forget.
After the wedding we had a few hours to kill while we waited for the reception. Jim and I headed back to the house for some snorkeling. Ilise and Robert went to ride horses. For some reason Jim didn't find the idea of that to be relaxing.
We loved hanging out. After we snorkeled we watched the ocean. It is something I found I could do all day.
This mama hen and her babies came through our yard at about the same time every day. Lots of chickens running around. Jim liked to joke that he would just catch one for our dinner so we didn't have to go out. Ugh...no thanks!
This is the only pic I got at the reception. There were quite a few people that I knew. I was just too busy talking to them to get a photo.
After the reception we went back to the house to chill out. Robert picked this out at the store. I gotta say it was pretty dang good!! It had yams in it so it counts as a veggie...right?
This is how most of our days ended. Looking out the windows at the ocean, writing in our journals and checking in with our phones. We visited and joked and laughed about the days adventures. It was a really good day.



No comments:
Post a Comment