Located near Kaneohe, the park is dominated by a majestic Byodo-In Temple. The temple is a replica of the magnificent 900-year-old Byodo-In Temple of Equality in Japan. The original stands in Uji on the outskirts of Kyoto. The Oahu replica was built in 1968 to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the arrival of the first Japanese immigrant to Hawaii. (credit Hawaii.com)
The three ton temple bell is supposed to help in meditation but I found it to be too loud.
That is the meditation hut. It is really peaceful. There are cemetery grounds surrounding the temple. It is quiet and peaceful.
Japanese carp. EW.
There was a giant Buddha in the center of the chapel. People can light incense to help their prayers reach heaven.
I was so impressed by the towering pines. I love that we have pine trees AND palm trees in the same day.
Beautiful flowers and foliage.
The clouds sitting on the mountains made me feel like I was back at home in Utah.
My crazy post-snorkel hair.
One giant pine cone in the center of those leaves?
We found fruit!!
The next two pics belong on the Pearl Harbor post. Before we left the North Shore area we stopped at the BYU-Hawaii campus to shop at their bookstore.
I liked these trees....more flowers than leaves!! Pines, palms and flowers...this place has it all!!

No comments:
Post a Comment