Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Before.....

What do I do when the house is a mess and the laudry is piling up and the dogs need fed and the child needs runned (I do know that is not a word...but it is slang at our house for "needs to be taken places" and I'm sticking with it) around and the yard needs mowing....I spray paint. Yep. I used to toll paint....everything. Now I spray paint. It's so much faster and I am really all about immediate gratification. So I dropped Jo off at "Behind the Wheel Training" and headed to Good Will. It is an interseting place and it doesn't smell half as bad as the Salvation Army. I found a
few things that could use my attention.
I have been very drawn to owls lately. For some odd reason....they remind me of my Mom.


I got some really ugly, and I do mean UGLY picture frames. I wish I was better at taking before pics....but I'm not. This one was the worst.It was a faded fleshy salmon color with faded green and blue at the top.This was the pic behind the glass. ick!!

It really needed some help. So I took it home and took it apart. I'd like to tell you that I cleaned it with a toothbrush....but aside from cleaning the glass....I just started spraying. I LOVE the way the black looks. I put some scrapbook paper on top of the sad old flowers and put the (clean) glass on top. I screwed it all back together and put an initial middle of the circle. It is for my friend (TBA). I do hope she likes it. The best part is she can change the paper to whatever she likes. I am making this little beautyinto something similar....but since I am still searching for the perfect size letter, I can't tell you who it is for. I found a few more frames and an unpainted tray. Here are their before and almost finished states. I am very excited to get these finished. As for the house that is falling down around me.....house???? What house....all I see are projects!!!


And I really show you what they all look like when they are finished!!!

7 comments:

Kim said...

You are so crafty sister! You should do my pay it forward! SInce your already making projects for people you might as well get one in return!

Kim said...

Cool! And who cares about the housework and laundry...believe me it's not going anywhere...it will be waiting for you.

Nae said...

Re-purposing at its finest! Great job! Love the ingenuity and creativity - can't find that at Target!! It's all you, sista.

Heather said...

You are so totally awesome! I really need to do a project day...used to stuff like that all the time. Ugh. Good for you for properly channeling all your energy into a creative and tangible outlet. You rock.

Jackie said...

Love the project day idea. You are so talented!! Can't find that kind of character new at the stores--trust me i've looked.

msorensen said...

You are the bomb.com! That is for sure!! I wish I had the energy to do stuff like that!! :)

the mom~ said...

Me likey all!!! ok not the owls because they fly and I dont like anything that flys...or licks itself...but the frames are way cool.