Friday, July 10, 2009

It's a Jungle In There!!


Well, let me just first say....that I am officially crazy. No, no....it's true. Whichever mad woman came up with the insane idea to paint zebra stripes on her daughter's bedroom walls needs a padded room. Did you know that people with OCD (even mild forms) should not....I repeat....should not paint zebra stripes?

Did you know it causes them to obsess over every minute detail and text their family and friends a million times asking their opinion?
I am happy to say that I like the way it turned out very much. I also think it looks better in person. Poor Jo! She has to wait for her birthday to get her fabulous new bedding.
Until then she took the twin bed from the guest room and put it in her room....just for now. Sorry, Steph!! You'll be sleeping on the floor. tehehehe

You can tell that every picture is just a little different. There is just something about standing in a room starring at stripes all day that makes a woman a little nutty. Pretty soon I was adding a thicker stripe here and a swirl of black there. I tell ya, I just don't know how Michael Angelo did it. Years....I so couldn't do it....craziness....
So there is the temporary bed....under all the too-big-for-it bedding. If she is happy.....I am happy. You should come see it. It is amazing....ish

10 comments:

Nae said...

I bet if you stare at the walls and squint your eyes a little, you could see some fun pictures.... kinda like the ink blot tests. Go ahead, try it and tell me what you come up with! Seriously, I think it looks fun, modern and totally-teen. Great job, mom & daughter!

Kim said...

ALL your family and friends got a text uh??!??! I just checked, nope haven't gotten one since yesterday! How rude! Love the stripes they turned out great!

Kim said...

It's very unique...I think it could drive a person crazy...especially while painting it.

Charlene said...

I like it. It's a Jimijo's room!! great job with the creative lines!!

Jackie said...

WOW!!!VERY COOL.
Jordy wants to come right now and check it out--sorry no can do.
Wait a minute ALL your family and friends--I've checked no text. What are you saying----HEHEHEHEHE.

the mom~ said...

:) very nice.

Rochelleht said...

That seriously rocks. You are quit the painter, girl!!

msorensen said...

you truely are the craziest of the sisters!! hahahahaha! Just kidding! They did turn out great, but you should have known that someone with OCD should not attempt something like that!! And you know that you have OCD!! Silly girl! Good job though!

Cindy said...

zebra stripes are pretty ambitious. but it came out great!

i've been thinking of you this week as today got closer. hope everything went well.

Diana said...

Lori, the room looks great!

I hope you have survived this day. The only way I can think to describe it is bittersweet. I'm sure he will be a fantastic missionary, and you'll be a wonderful missionary mom. I look forward to your posts to hear all about how he's doing. I'm here if you need a shoulder or a listening ear, been there, done that twice!