Saturday, July 18, 2009

A Long Wait

So here we are at the airport at 5:20 in the morning. We waved through the glass and then he was gone. So now I watch the mailbox with the same anticipation that Kevin felt as he waited for his call. I don't really expect there to be a letter for a while yet....but I get excited anyway. My Aunt Chris lives in Orem. She has a friend who works as a nurse at the MTC. Kevin escorted one of the missionaries in his district to the nurses office and introduced himself to my Aunt's friend. She then told my Aunt....who told me....that he is doing fine and is a very nice young man. tehehehe So did you follow that? Translation....I got word that Kevin is good and I can relax a teensy little bit. I loved that little bit of news more that I can say. It was like someone put some Turtle Balm right on my heart. Oh how I miss him. But I am so happy at the same time. Weird.

7 comments:

Kim said...

Isn't it neat how the littlest, inkling of news makes us feel so much better?

Teresa said...

Glad to hear Kevin is doing well!

When Brian was in the MTC my roommate worked there. So, I would send letters and treats for him through her! It was fun!

Cindy said...

if you don't already know about dearelder.com, you should check it out. it's great especially while they're in the mtc. you can write them every day for free. and you don't have to pay for shipping if you send them packages :)

Diana said...

One more tidbit, at least 2 years ago, they could email from the MTC on their p-day! So check your inbox too! Keep your chin up and a smile on your face!

Nae said...

So happy that you have heard "about" Kevin and I have a very good feeling that you will hear directly from him this week for sure!

Kim said...

Yeah for little peices of happy news! I hope you have a good monday!

msorensen said...

I love knowing that he is well! He is so cute!! Glad that you are doing well!!