Yes, while the cat's away the mice will.....paint. That's right, you guessed it. Jim is in Chicago...again. But oh, the fun we have!! Jo has been wanting her room painted ever since we moved in (2 years...wow...time flies). But we have never been able to compromise on a color palette....until now. In the last semester of her freshman year (yikes) she took a design class. One of her assignments was to design her "dream" bedroom. To my surprise, she didn't pick anything with skulls or weirdness. As a theme she went with a cute (very bright) purple and zebra stripe bedding set. She did a really good job and even asked for the bedding as a birthday gift. huh...So I started mulling it over in my tired, little brain. Sure...we could do that....zebra stripes....yeah...So as soon as Jim left on Wednesday we started to move out the furniture.


We had to stash some in the bathroom too. Man this kid has a lot of junk!! And then we had to paint all the walls a bright shade of white. It was 3 coats worth of "Are we done yet?" and "I hate painting"...well duh, guys....I don't love it either....well, maybe I do!! tehehehe

I don't love the taping, though...ick.

Kev had to use a hammer to get this curtain rod down. Some idiot used 4 inch nails to secure it to the wall!! Now, that's what I call kid proof!!

Ah, white paint. Next post...the stripes...
5 comments:
Can't wait to see the results! Kelsey painted her room last week and is finishing moving in this week and accessorizing. Watch my blog for it soon. She did all of the moving out, taping, painting and moving back in HERSELF! She did an awesome job!
Nice...can't wait to see your next painting job!!
Can't wait to see it!!!
Ooooohh, can't wait to see how this progresses!
Tell Jo I said her Mom ROCKS! Have a good time painting! Love ya!
Post a Comment