Friday, July 3, 2009

A Girl Named Lacey

A little back story on Lacey. When she was born, her Mama was working and not because she liked her boss...zippy. So guess who was living only a mile away?? You guessed it...Aunt Larry (of course I had yet to earn that moniker). I got to babysit my sweet baby Lacey. She became my little buddy. Jo was in kindergarten so in the morning Lace and I did all sorts of fun things. I was VP of the PTA at Kevin's school (across the street from our house) and Lacey was our unofficial mascot.
She went with me every where. A lot of people thought I must have had another kid. Close...but better. This one went home most nights. I treasure the time Lacey and I got to spend together. But just like all good things...it came to an end. Miss Kim decided to move her little family to Victor, ID. It felt like a million miles away. I missed both of them so much.
I have a pretty close relationship with Lacey. She is ten now and I definitely have spent the most time with her over my other nieces and nephews. I miss her...and I am so happy that she is old enough to come with Grandpa when he makes his way this direction.
She had never been this close to geese before and wasn't too sure she wanted to be that close at all. We walked around the lake and showed her the turtles and the baby geese and ducks.
We had fun feeding them and visiting. She is very sweet. It is fun having her around. She always wants to help out. And if there is anyone wanting to play a board or card game all they have to do is find her. She is always up for it. So, I guess what I am trying to say is....everyone needs a Lacey. I don't know how you all manage without her. I know I can't.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Everybody has a Lacey in their family....ours is BreeAnn! Aren't they special?

Heather said...

Awww...you and Lacey are blessed to have each other. She is such an awesome girl. Dani has been begging to see her again, "but Mom, we only get to see each other twice a year"! You should send that girl home with a sheet of stamps....teehee!

Rochelleht said...

Mine is Jane...