I don't hate fall, I just don't like what comes after it. If there were 3 months of winter...I could deal. I lived that way in ID for years. I thought the winters there were miserable. We'd have real cold for 3 months with 1 month on each end of that of pretty darn cold. A bit of snow was nice and then it was spring again. Last winter we started with really cold for a month and then 3 months of "if it gets any colder I won't thaw until August". After that we had another month of REALLY cold which seemed kinda mild after what we had just endured. Pile on that taller drifts than I've seen since junior high and you see my aversion to fall.
That being said I have found a couple of things that I like about this time of year.

Blankets...I love snuggling down in a big cuddly blanket (with Darla under the blanket on my feet for extra warmth) and watching TCM channel.

I also love that my dogs seem to love blankets as much as I do. If there is a blanket anywhere my dogs will find it and lay on it.

Even a dirty towel on the floor (not that my perfect children would leave a towel on the floor) is fair game for a blankie seeking dogie. I also love seeing the leaves turning colors.

The bright red mixed in with the gold and green is a treat for my eye.

I love turning a corner here in town and coming face to face with a fall rainbow.

I think my family is tired of hearing me exclaim over the same thing time and again. But I do like this part of fall. There are tons of trees in town and I do feel very blessed to be a part of this years display of color.

I've never lived anywhere quite so diverse. Yay fall.
8 comments:
I'm with you. That is why we went to the state park to lift my spirits up with the spectacular view of the fall colors!
let me know when you are free to come over and show me your blankets!
It won't be looking like that around here for another 2 months at least. I love fall, but hate winter and that's why I love Texas!
Glad to see you've come around...at least a little bit. It is pretty isn't it? I love fall!!! (you probably didn't know that did you?)
The leaves are so pretty. Thanks for sharing them with us. Maybe I'll put some from Rigby on my blog for you to enjoy too.
beautiful pictures and who is that big dog in the pink chair?
It's Nellie. She's not that big. Not like she's a rottweiller or anything...sigh.
Wonderful pics! I won't share with you what I heard about all the extra squirrel activity that is going on... you may freak out.
Nae...WHAT!!!??!?!?!? Squirrels??? Are they taking over the town?? Are they moving to higher ground in preparation for some global calamity??? Are they trading nut for the stocks I bought that are woth less than peanuts??? Oh now I'm really worried!!!!
Post a Comment