So, I've always thought I wanted to be in a book club. I love to read and the thought of reading the same book as my friends and then getting together to discuss it just sounds like a nice time. Especially after reading about Rochelle's book club parties. But when I sat down and really thought about it...I wouldn't last very long in that type of club. I tend to get uneasy with a deadline. I have tried Bunko as a regular GNO. It is fun and loud...but I'm too competitive. You're not awarded for skill or being faster/stronger/smarter. It's all just luck. Who rolled the most 6's? and so on. I do think I have found a regular GNO that I can totally get into. Rock Band!
Who knew??!! So my usual GNO group was looking for something different to do last night. My kids love playing Rock Band with their friends, so I thought...why not? We started out with just the 3 of us. Salena on vocals,
Heather on drums and me on the guitar.
We rocked pretty good but Heather and I decided we didn't love the drums. So we switched Heather to Bass
and then we really rocked!!!
Our best song was probably Bon Jovi's "Wanted Dead or Alive". When Renae came we put her on the drums. She did so much better on drums than I did. She totally rocked the drums! No kidding...she's an animal.
So with dinner and dessert and chips and salsa rounding out the night...who knows. This may become a regular GNO for us. Of course next time we'll push the couch back a few feet so we don't get neck kinks. And if we get tired of the random songs on Rock Band we can always switch it up with Guitar Hero...80's Edition...of course. Now all we need is a good name. Any suggestions?
Who knew??!! So my usual GNO group was looking for something different to do last night. My kids love playing Rock Band with their friends, so I thought...why not? We started out with just the 3 of us. Salena on vocals,Heather on drums and me on the guitar.
We rocked pretty good but Heather and I decided we didn't love the drums. So we switched Heather to Bass
and then we really rocked!!!
Our best song was probably Bon Jovi's "Wanted Dead or Alive". When Renae came we put her on the drums. She did so much better on drums than I did. She totally rocked the drums! No kidding...she's an animal.

8 comments:
I think that when I was on the drums we'd have to call ourselves "Duck and Cover"....'cause I am sure that I could be dangerous! Oh man that was the best gno....and at first I wasn't sure at all. Thanks :)
Brian and I played while we were at my parents house. We had a blast! Now whenever we hear a song from Guitar Hero we hum our parts (I was bass) and pretend like we know the fingering!
That sounds like a lot of fun! I wish I was there to join you guys!
Oh, I love it! That's great! We just had bookclub today, actually. It was lovely, good food, but we didn't rock it as well as y'all...
That is hillarious! I am glad you have found something fun to do with your girly friends! We don't do bunko anymore, or anything for GNO anymore. I guess we could always try the WII or something!
OMgoodness...that was FUN! I think we chould totally do that again, how about this weekend? lol
Thanks for hosting, you're the best! :) As far as a name...maybe the Rockin' Hot Mama's???
Thanks for the fun night, Lori! Who would have thought I would actually like playing a video game? I think whacking on the drums is a great stress reliever! Best of all was all the laughter... name ideas? "GNO Gone Wild"
I LIKE rENAE'S SUGGESTION FOR OUR BAND NAME..rofl!
Post a Comment