Usually the culinary creations I put on the table every night are...at the very least...complicated. Lasagna, spaghetti, fettuccine Alfredo, yummy soups and layered casseroles are common place at our house. Sometimes I throw in breakfast food...including cold cereal...occasionally. But mostly I do cook serious, balanced dinners. Tonight, I basically took the night off and served grilled ham and cheese with a delicate Campbell's Chicken Dumpling soup. Quick and easy and, quite frankly, boring. This is what I heard...YEAH!! This is my favorite! Gosh, Mom, this is great. Even Sarah, who never complains when I feed her was delighted. I am so confused. Are their palates so untrained that soup from a can and grilled cheese gets a more favorable reaction than ANYTHING I've slaved over all month??? I'm so confused. Do I spend more time on these ungrateful diners than they deserve?? Probably...but I guess I'd rather eat lasagna or chicken enchiladas than soup. What's a girl to do?
5 comments:
Oh my kids NEVER appreciate my dinners when I cook. They would SO much rather have a $5 pizza from Little Ceasers.
I hear you. All I hear is, "I don't like that" especially from my picky eater (2nd child)He already told me he is not looking forward to winter, because all I make are soups and stuff that he doesn't like to eat!By the way, grilled cheese is a favorite of my kids too.
You should Ethan over and my hubby. They graciously eat anything I make and Ethan will tell me it's his favorite almost nightly. I love feeding my men!
I get a lot of that too. Sometimes I go on strike. Thing is, I like to cook. I just like to be appreciated too!
Isn't it funny? That's my kids to a T. Why do I stress myself out trying to fix new and exciting meals? Quesadillas are always gobbled up.
Post a Comment