Got Christmas...well, I do!! Yep, the tree is up and the decorations are lit and I am happy.
You all know I've been worried that it would be too sad this year. After some serious soul searching I decided my Mom would kick my butt if I wussed out on Christmas this year. She'd be really mad if I laid the blame on her. So I jumped in with both feet and sink or swim, made the best of it.

14 comments:
You and my brother make me smile! I am more of a scrooge.....I suppose....i wait for thanksgiving! Though maybe my spirits would rise if I put our tree up now! Though the xmas music in Wal Mart gives me that rushed sick feeling in my tummy! BTW what did my beautiful innoscent neice do? Set Jo free? Reminded me of something I would have done.....but certainly she isnt as rebelious as I... :-)
What the heck? So do i pass the test? :-)
Of course you pass the test...just gotta watch out for the crazies. Jo is too much like you and I for me to get too comfortable. She is a crazy girl for sure!!
Not yet but SOON! You are my 3rd friend to put up your tree, now I'm itchin'! It's beautiful and your mom would be so proud of you for swimming and not sinking, I know I am :)
your tree looks awesome! I am glad that you did it!
jealousy abounds! I want my tree up!! why isn't it you ask?? probably laziness and the fact that I have no time to get it up. but soon...i promise it will be soon :)
If only I had a home to put a tree up in I would be right along with you! I am glad it wasn't too hard for you! Mom is proud, as am I! So for now I will just look at the pictures of your tree to bring me happiness while I listen to the wonderful christmas music at work!
I have always loved that you guys put your tree up the day after Halloween. It made it easy, when Dad would complain that it was only the day after Thanksgiving did we REALLY need to have the tree up yet!?! We would tell him, "Barton's have had theirs up for a month already!" What could he say to that? I will probably not be too far behind you. I have decided not to put the "beach" decor up in my house yet, since I will just be putting Christmas stuff in a month...but I am itching to get something up, so Christmas might just come early! I am sure your Mom is proud of you!
Jimmy looks thrilled in that first picture! Can you come decorate my place now?
Jimmy looks THRILLED in that first one. Can you come do mine now?
P.S.
My mom is apparently a former closet wanna get the tree out the day after Halloween gal. She put up her Christmas tree yesterday...I am sure my Dad was thrilled!
hey michelle says you need to lighten up the back ground of your blog so she can see it better her work computer sucks and she can't see the words very well! LOve ya 15 days WHOOT WHOOT!
Teresa...I always knew your Mom and I had a special connection. She rocks!! (So does your Dad...even if he is a bit bahhumbug) ((Hug))
Way to go Lori! Your mom would be proud. I hope this is a happy christmas for you guys. Thank heaven for memories! Love ya
Post a Comment