Sunday, November 30, 2008

Recap

So here is my week in review. Let me just warn you, I forgot my camera (shocking!) so I don't have all the pics I wanted. I will put some of the ones my sister is sending me when I get them. So, we started out on Friday, the 21st at 3:30 in the afternoon. After driving through a freak snow storm and the deer infested darkness we arrived at my Dad's house at 7:30 in the morning. I had a hair appointment at 9:00 so I was able to relax and shower and hold Cylie for a bit. At 12:30 we went out to my Dad's old Jr. high school (my Aunt works there now) for a Thanksgiving celebration. I got to see some of my favorite cousins...with only one notable exception (maybe next year, Wendy). We had too much food and fabulous conversation...thanks for the laughs Tadd. My cousin Jodi gave my family each a sweet gift because we would be missing my Mom (especially) this year. She is such a sweetie. We got to catch up with Teresa (my bloggin' cousin) and see her girls. I got to hang out with my Grandma and see my Mom's sisters and brother and their families. We used to have such fabulous family gatherings when I was a kid. It was a good day. On Sunday we had Cylie blessed. She is such an angel. It was cool to see both of my men able to stand in the circle. I can't believe Kev is old enough to do that. wow. Monday was a hang out day. Jim and I got some running done while my sisters were at work. Tuesday my Grandma came to Dad's to hang out with me. We had a really good visit and I enjoyed seeing her. We set up my Mom's Christmas tree that afternoon. I wish we could have taken more time and reflected a little more...but once you get the ornaments out the kids go nuts. On Wednesday we went to have dinner with Jim's Mom and Dad. We got to visit with Jim's Grandpa too. He was such a big part of Jim life while he was growing up. He really learned a lot from his Grandpa. On Thursday we had a traditional Thanksgiving dinner at my Dad's house. We missed my Mom, but we cherished the time we were able to spend together. We tried a couple of new pies (and mine turned out great this time) and had my Dad's wonderful gravy on practically everything and went to bed full and thankful. On Friday, Jo tricked us into participating in the Black Friday madness. She has such fond memories of the last time we took her (the sisters don't remember it fondly AT ALL) but because she had such a great time, we decided the happy memories were worth the discomfort for us. We stood in endless lines, saw people we never expected to see (Lori Hansen!!) and went to see Twilight. I will tell you I did not love the movie. It was fine...but the actress that played Bella was so bad...I couldn't love it. Oh well. I still LOVE the books. That night we had to say our goodbyes as we were leaving at 3:00 the next morning. Dad got up to see us off and away we went. We loved our time spent in Idaho and hated leaving. We do wish we'd had more time so we could have seen some of our friends, but we decided we needed to see our family first. We are so thankful for the time we were able to spend with all our families. We love you all and can't wait for this summer.



7 comments:

the mom~ said...

Sounds like an awesome trip, so glad you were able to go!

Rochelleht said...

Looks SO fun! Love family for Thanksgiving!

Is Jodi Miles your cousin? Just trying to reach back in the recesses of my mind. Not an easy task...

Teresa said...

I am so glad that you got to participate in Black Friday madness! Love it! It was great to see you guys! Lets to it again next year!

Lori said...

Rochelle...if I'm thinking of the right person, that Jodi is actually a cousin of another cousin of mine. Confused? Yeah...I have that effect on people. The Jodi mentioned in my blog is the sister of Teresa (also mentioned). Hope that helps.

J.J. said...

It was so wonderful to get to see your family! I just love you all so much! My girls wish they could have stolen jo from you for a day....maybe next time! I hope you had a nice trip this direction! Be safe and take care of you all! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

That picture doesn't do justice to the madness of the holiday mess! I love you and miss you tons! How many more days until may?????

Nae said...

What a busy vacation! How wonderful for you all to be together especially to put up the Christmas tree in your mom's honor. Plus lovin' on that sweet little baby... priceless! I can almost smell the baby lotion and yummy goodness of your niece right now!