Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Thankful

Since I will be at my Dad's on Thanksgiving...and no where near a computer...thanks Dad...I decided to tell you some of the things I am thankful for. As I thought about this entry and what to list, so many things came to mind. The obvious biggies, the smaller, more obscure blessings, there is just so many things to be thankful for. I guess that is the first thing that should be on my list...the fact that I have such a long list of things I am thankful for. I am thankful for my family, because I know not everyone has a family...or their relationships within their family are not loving, nurturing ones. I am thankful that my husband has a great job. Two reasons on that one; first, because so many people are without jobs right now and second, because it has allowed me the opportunity to stay home with my kids...even though they are now teenagers. I am thankful for my cozy house (especially today, bbrrrrr) even though we have a ghetto curtains. I am thankful that I have such wonderful friends. You would not believe me even if I told you how great my friends are. I have friends all over the place. It seems strange to me. I am a shy person at first. I know...you can all pick yourselves up off the floor. It's true, I tend to be cautious when meeting new people. Ask my sisters how I react to cute old men sitting too close to me...not pretty. I am thankful for my dogs. Don't laugh...I know I complain about them a bit. But I would be a sad girl indeed without them. I am thankful for the more over-looked blessings in my life like finger nails and trees and hair color and forks and flowers and warm blankets and forgiveness and hugs and the Hubert girls and my computer and flip flops and fabric softener and Christmas and that lotion that smells like new babies and so many more things that I can't even list them all. But mostly I am thankful for my Father in Heaven who gave me all these things through my Savior Jesus Christ. With out them my life would be a meaningless angry mess. I am thankful that every morning I get up, I have the opportunity to try a little harder to be a better more grateful person than I was the day before. And I am thankful for all of you...my friends.

7 comments:

Christy said...

Yea for going home for Thanksgiving!! Give your family all a big hug from me! We will be in Provo this year :( ummmm I mean :) ha ha!!

I am with you on the thankful list - it gets overwhelming sometimes to think about how much we truly do have to be thankful for! You are amazing :)

Kim said...

Great blog.....we are so fortunate for all we have..friends, family, jobs, health, our faith...and of course the things we conside-r small but others may not..blankets, PJs, beds--some people don't even have a bed--food, cars, the lists goes on.

the mom~ said...

I'm thankful for you Lori and your friendship too. I love that you allow us to have GNO's at your house and I LOVE that you text me too. You certainly make me smile!

Heather said...

Awwwww....great list. Fingernails. I have forgotten to be thankful for fingernails. But now that you mention it I so am thankful. Even though mine don't grow and they are not pretty. Glad to have fingernails! And indoor plumbing, my washer and dryer, a loving husband with a job, girls that keep me entertained and constantly on my toes. I too am grateful for the most fabulous and amazing friends that a girl could have. Also on my thankful list....libraries and small town librarians, blogs, needle and thread, my cowboy boots, my "new" coat, new red shoes, black sweater and fabulous jewelry to match and photo shoots on my calendar. Okay. So maybe I should have just made this my own blog post. Sorry about that. Have fun in Idaho, my thankful and fabulous friend!

Unknown said...

What a great list! We do indeed have much to be grateful for as members of the church, and as Americans! I am grateful to be able to smile every time I read your blog! Thanks for the reminders!

Teresa said...

See you TOMORROW! :cP

La Mujer Loca said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy the warm Idaho weather. Ha ha.