So first off....look at these colors!! Can I, just for a minute (since it's -30* with the wind chill), think of a stunning Fourth of July wreath? How gorgeous will that be??

So you saw the "random" wire
hanger method. It didn't make my heart flutter....well....not in a good way. I just almost can't even look at it. The colors are gorg and I do love me a pretty wreath....but I decided to try again. This time with a foam center. This was a bit tricksier than I had imagined....and truth be told....it still needs....something. But I LOVE the fact that I was in control of the ball placement and all that jazz.

So, start by taking the top off the ornament and pushing the exposed glass edge into the foam. Trust me, do this every time.....before you glue it! After you have made the hole, pull the ornament out and put hot glue on the top of the ornament. Shove it back into the "pre-drilled" hole and let the glue cool a bit. Do this all the way around the outside of the foam ring. Learn from my mistakes and do the inside of the foam ring next. Just do it....trust me.

Then I started on the face if the foam ring. I do wish I had been able to find more of a medium sized ball to use along with the normal size and the minis. I do think it would have filled in easier.

Now, here is where you go back over it all and fill big holes and gaps with the mini balls. I used jingle bells too. They are
small and easy to work with fun and festive. Sheesh....what is that big blue blob in the shiny ornaments?? Weird......

There it is hanging on the door. This one I love. I do. It warms the very corners of my heart. A couple of things that I learned
again because it didn't quite sink in the first two dozen times doing this project: Hot glue....yeah....hot. Burns like a ....well....you know...Glass balls, when broken....become very sharp. You probably don't have to use the death grip to get them into the foam. Just sayin'. And when doing a Christmas project.....always. always. always. have Christmas music playing. It is just more festive.

So there it is. I will be filling in a couple more holes....and looking for....whatever is missing. I know it will come to me. Just gotta keep looking. AAHHHH....my kind of random!
Check out
Blue Cricket Design for some great project ideas!!
12 comments:
I agree, LOVE this one more than the hanger one. Very festive!
Super nice job !
Kammy
Looks great! I'll have to buy up a ton of bulbs at after Christmas sales!
No, No, No. I don't think it needs anything more, IT IS GORGEOUS the way it is. Much better than the wire hanger one. I made a wire hanger wreath and am not so happy with it either. I think I will be shopping for more Christmas balls and a styrofoam wreath, you have inspired me.
I love this one with the foam idea! Where did you find the foam wreath?
I love the round shape that you get with the foam, but hate to break it to you - it is still random {and gorgeous}. If it weren't so darn cold I would be tempted to run out and get some supplies and make one for myself! But - it is too cold so I will just have to admire yours via the internet. :-)
great job! It's very pretty!
gail
That wreath is fabulous. Thanks for showing us how to do it. I'm the one that's been feeding your boy regularly. We've loved Elder Reader! He stopped by last night to say goodbye before his transfer. My girls just thought he was too fun! Thanks for sharing him.
Stunning !
LoVe that you show step by step for the craft challenged ones.
Lori
( from the dds...:)
Love this! Really nice job, I think I like the foam wreath better too.
HOw fun! I love this!
STINKING CUTE!!! LOVE IT!!!!
Post a Comment