Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Inspiration

Around this time of year I am on the look-out for inspiring stories. Stories with heart and grit. Stories of people that inspire me to try harder to be better.....a better wife, a better mother, a better daughter, sister, friend. I have been following the blog of Stephanie Nielson for quite some time now. See, Stephanie has the most inspiring story to tell. Her story is also being told by a reporter from the Arizona Republic. Here is a beautiful telling of the hardest year in Stephanie's life. If you are struggling with any form of self doubt or loss or even some self-pity....you really should read this article. It has helped me to shift my focus and look at my priority list. Things around this time of year are a little dicey for me. Emotions run high and threaten to drag me under their fast running current. Stephanie's courage to press on in the face of seemingly insurmountable odds has given me an extra dash of courage to face my own demons....my own problems seem small and silly compared to what she is dealing with. So friends, I wish you a Merry Christmas and a happy day. Be happy....

3 comments:

Heather said...

You are a truly beautiful soul! I love you and I love Stephanie and her story. I have thought of her during every race that I have run this past year. She gives me courage to persevere as well. I had a great time with you girls yesterday...thanks so much. Be happy I will!!!

the mom~ said...

I will have to check that out!

Nae said...

Counting our blessings is so important. I have also followed Stephanie and her inspiring story. Thank you for the reminder!