I do love Nativity scenes. They bring the Christmas Spirit into my heart quicker than anything else. I have a few in my collection. These are some of the new ones. The ceramic one on the left I bought last year at Target on their 75% off sale. SCORE!! I received the small clay one from a young friend this year for Christmas.....yes, I opened it early.....it's just how I roll. The Willow Tree Nativity in the center is the last one my Mom gave me. The metal one on the right I made this year. Yep, I made it.....or assembled it really.
I ordered a kit from HERE. It came with all the metal pieces ready to screw into any old wood. I got a chunk of 2x6 and spray painted it in the basement in my workshop. Then I took it to the garage and ran the sander over it for a while. After it was a bit scuffed up, I painted on and wiped off some dark stain to shabby it a bit more. I love it. I then tied a bow around the star for a pop of color. I can tell already.....it will be one of my favorite Nativity sets for years to come.
I am linking to Between Naps on the Porch this week. There are some fabulous transformations linked there. Go check them out!!
We've Moved!
1 year ago

4 comments:
All your Nativities look beautiful. I especially like the collection displayed together. It allows the contrast of the different materials to stand out more.
GORGEOUS!! Our neighbor gave us a beautiful little olive wood one he brought back from Jerusalem this year. I love it. One of these days, I'll have a nice big one.
I just adore your Christmas inspired metamorphosis.
Be merry and bright!
Thanks for sharing your lovely nativities.
I shared one of my most recent finds here:
http://carolanativitygallery.blogspot.com/2009/12/plastic-canvas-nativity-set.html
Merry Christmas,
Carrie
Post a Comment