Anyone that knows me can tell you I am one of those "crazy Christmas people". I listen to Christmas music in August, put my tree up the first weekend in November, buy all the presents on my list before the middle of November and get my Christmas cards (complete with a friends and family letter) out before Thanksgiving. I'm not sure if it is subconscious or some form of rebelliousness, but this year I am a bit behind schedule. I've always had my Mom to help to feed this mania. One year we put her tree up 2 days before HALLOWEEN. Yep, in October. It was fantastic...Dad was not pleased. After that he made us wait until the first weekend in November. We have always had Christmas music all year and bought ornaments off e-bay in March. Without her here (for the first time) I must admit I am at a loss. Some of my friends have had their holiday music on a few times and my sisters have to put on a brave face because they have little kids that won't understand a rahbumhug for a Ma. I did have a gorgeous photographer take a pic of my contentious family for a Christmas card...but it turned out to be very stressful. I want to look forward to the season of joy, peace and love. I love commemorating the birth of our Savior. It fills our home with so much love and unity...usually. So as I try to focus on the reason for the season, perhaps I will be given the peace I need to carry on a tradition that started with my Mom. Wish me luck as I get out the Christmas music today. I'll probably bawl my eyes out as I sing along to our favorites; Mrs. Santa Clause, The Happiest Christmas Tree and Away in a Manger. If you've got time today...go find your CDs and sing along with Mom and me.
We've Moved!
1 year ago

5 comments:
we need to be neighbors!! i love christmas as well :) I asked my husband just the other day if he would let me put up the tree...he laughed and said, "ummm no" ha ha!
I love your blog!! i love keeping in touch with people this way - it makes me feel like you are right here in my living room :) You are a wonderful mother!!
Now we need to get your sister's blogging...hmmm :) ha ha!
ps - i miss you mom too...man i love that woman!! but, you know that you always have my mom :)
Oh, that's rough. I really can't imagine having to face it without your mom. I'm so glad you have sisters. When my mom goes, I got nuthin'. Ok, three brothers, but you know what that's worth. ;-)
Oh Lori...my heart ahces for you missing your mom. What a tough thing...I'm at work today but this morning at Taco Johns I heard "Let it Snow" on their radio...now I know why I heard that song :) Maybe we can go to Herbergers and look at their Chrsitmas stuff sometime soon, it's out ya know :)
Love ya girl~
I love you!!!!!
Post a Comment