Thursday, October 23, 2008

Our Closet Preacher

The kids and I like it when Jim is on hydrocodone. He has the best dreams...and we get to hear them first hand. Jim talks in his sleep like no body's business. Last night Jim and I went to the church. I went for the Primary program practice and he went to catch up on the computer work (our Branch computer has been down for months). So we get home and tucked into bed. Jim has taken his narcotics like a good boy and then I wait. (Some nights the sandman is slow to find me) Kev rolled in around 12:30 and like the considerate lad he is, comes up to tell his over-protective mom that he is home. I was sleeping as well as one can with a head cold when I am rudely awakened by the sound of Kevin's laughter. It seems Jim was practicing his "Hell , Fire and Brimstone" sermon on me when Kev walked in. Of course Jim slept through the fits of laughter that ensued. Jim was waving his arms and pointing at Kev and muttering about the bible and the world going to hell. Kev could barely make it back down the stairs as he was laughing so hard. As he puttered around for minute before going to bed I could still hear him chuckle to himself in disbelief. So now you know why I look so tired every time you see me. Not only do I get up early...but I also have a front row seat at the church of Jim.

8 comments:

Christy said...

that is awesome :) SO FUNNY! i am pretty sure i would have been rolling around as well.

Sorry you are sick - that totally stinks!

Annie & Joseph Gardner said...

I am laughing sooo hard right now! Not only because I can picture it but because I KNOW! I have a good supplier for my hydro and I take one now and then to help me sleep and be comfortable and I have the most BIZARRO dreams! I usually don't talk out loud like it sounds like Jim does but I still get the weirdo dreams. That cracks me up! I'll have to have my hubby read this so he'll know it's not just me being whacked out on narcotics!! LOL Sure love ya, I'm glad Jim is doing ok. Give him my best!

Charlene said...

LOL! Where can I get some of that? I am curious what Roger would dream about?

Nae said...

WOW! I smell blackmail material! Get the video camera out next time! ;-)

the mom~ said...

I'm with Renae!!! How funny, we could do this for our next GNO!

Rochelleht said...

Praise the Lord and Hallelujah!

Heather said...

I'm thinkin' he can blame the whole thing on the transportation mullet if you catch my drift!!! This is just so funny! I love Jim's teaching, but I've never pictured him as the fire and brimstone type! Can't wait till Sunday! I have crazy dreams when I take Aleve....but then you know all about that!

Teresa said...

If I talk to Brian as he drifts off to sleep I can usually get him going into a funny conversation. He usually wakes up to me laughing hysterically! It looks like Sabrina will be the same way, last night as I tucked her in before I went to bed she was telling on Kailey for something in her sleep!