Monday, October 6, 2008

Out With the Old...

I have been whining about my kitchen floor ever since we moved in. It's holey and stained and white. It has been the bane of my existence for 18 months. We have been going back and forth for 6 months about what type of flooring we wanted to get. We thought tile was the way to go. It's durable, adds value (sort of) and it's dang good looking. But on the down side...it's cold. I don't need any more cold surfaces in my world. We thought about wood. We have oak parquet in the living and dining rooms...but I don't love it and it CAN'T get wet. The laminate looked good...but I've heard not good things about it's durability.
So we landed on vinyl. It's not expensive, it looks OK and it's pretty durable. So today the floor guys, Archie and Chris came and made my floor pretty. I so do not miss the white vinyl. Next up, black appliances.

10 comments:

Charlene said...

LUCKY!!! love the new floor. It looks great!

the mom~ said...

Oh I like that, it's beautiful Lori!

Nae said...

Gorgeous! The colors are so warm and inviting. Great choice!

Unknown said...

That looks sooo good! I think you made a wise choice...I am not loving my tile flooring AT ALL! I love all these projects you are doing in your home! Thanks for all the inspiration! Sherri and Trina say "Hi"!

La Mujer Loca said...

Love, love, LOVE your floor. It looks great. Isn't vinyl amazing--it comes in so many different designs. Like your decorating sense.

Heather said...

You should of posted a better shot of your Tim McGraw look alike floor installer. Your floor is pretty and all, but I wanted to see the hottie that made it all happen...lol ;)

Lori said...

I tried to get a good shot of him...but I didn't want to be too obvious. I think his buddy cought me looking because he started to talk about their wives. Too funny!

Rochelleht said...

HA! That's the EXACT floor I put in my house in Utah. LOVE IT! You have great taste. It looks great.

J.J. said...

What a gorgeous pick! I love the floor...you must be super excited.....(was a little surprised that there were no plumbers in the photo of the guys at work! LOL Guess that is just at my house!) Anyhow.....congrats on the awesome floor! Someday i will get a new one!

Teresa said...

So, are you going to be there for the Goodwin Thanksgiving? I just booked out tickets last night, so the girls and I will be there! I hope you are too!

Also, I tagged you! See my blog for details!