Sunday, October 26, 2008

It's Begining To Look A Lot Like Christmas

Yes sirree...I love a good snow day...Oh wait no I don't. Especially in October. When we woke up it was snowing. Not much but enough to cause a little concern. The wind was howling and the flakes were getting bigger.
We called the Branch President to get his thoughts on the matter, from where he was it looked fine...no canceling church from that end. I loaded the kids and all the posters and such I had made for the Primary Program into the car and we headed off to pick up John. I had to drive the bus to church because Jim has to fly to Chicago today. I HATE driving in the snow. I didn't want to over-react and be a big baby so we set out. It was really hard to see the road and the wind was scary...but I kept driving.
There were moments where I couldn't see the road at all...but I didn't want to be a weeny...so I kept driving.
Finally there came a point that there was no road and the slush was throwing the car all over the road. I called Jim and told him to call the other members in town and tell them to stay home. It was so risky...I would hate to have the Huberts in the ditch because I was trying to be tough. We got turned around and the flakes got bigger and the road disappeared for longer stretches. At one point John was sure we needed to stop in the middle of the road...but I kept driving. Needless to say, we made it home and are safe and cozy. Jo and I are making donuts and watching Teen Witch.
I am sorry that we have to postpone the primary program but I'm happy we are warm and safe and not in the snow.

10 comments:

Nae said...

Snowstorms in October are wrong in so many ways! Of course, visibility outside of town looks 100 X's worse than in town. Glad you are all home safe and sound!

the mom~ said...

I'm glad you made it home safely and glad we didnt get too far from home when HH got your call. Back to comfy clothes it was :)

Charlene said...

Jim called us as we headed to the car. I am glad you are home safe and warm. I don't like driving 210 at all! Kids are worried that Halloween will be too cold and snowy to go trick-or-treating-but it won't stop them from all the candy they will receive!

Teresa said...

Here is it near 80. I am wearing a short skirt, and flip flops. I took an afternoon nap and told Brian that we needed to install our ceiling fan because it was HOT in our room. Just wanted to make you think about maybe moving to Albuquerque:C) (we get snow too...just hopefully not till December!)

Christy said...

oh man - that looks WAY too cold for me :) i know that Logan is going to look like that in just a short time - for now, you can keep all that white stuff where you are!!

La Mujer Loca said...

Wow! And I was just thinking today that we probably aren't going to get any snow this year. I was looking forward to sledding with the kids (it's the first winter in 11 years that I haven't been pregnant or nursing). Can you believe it? I'm jealous! I'm cracked, I know.

Rebecca Talley said...

I hate driving in the snow--totally stresses me out. I like to stay home and play in it, but hate it on the roads--especially with my kids driving in it.

I'm so not ready for snow yet.

Rochelleht said...

Thus one more reason I LOVE Texas. I would seriously DIE!! Ugh, I'm sorry all your work had to be postponed.

Unknown said...

NOT JEALOUS, NOT JEALOUS AT ALL!! YUCK!I am not ready for snow in any way shape or form! Luckily, we have only seen it once so far this year and it is supposed to be nice at least for this week (crossing my fingers)! Glad you endured, what else can you do, right?

J.J. said...

That looks cozy! Wish i were there.....it was 70 here today....