I got up this morning and went to an exercise class that my friends have been doing since February. They have loved it and noticed changes in their physical appearances. Until summer started, the classes have been in the evening. Not my favorite work-out time. In fact I usualy talk myself out of every work-out that begins after I have showered for the day.It's just how I roll. Due to the enormous popularity of the class it is always full. I didn't get to join in the fun until someone dropped out. Let me just tell you that it is called Body Boot Camp. Should have been a warning....really. As I am typing this I have do so lying down. Why....because all my muscles have turned to jelly and I can't feel anything except pain. hhhmmmmm....All I can say is it's a dang good thing that I have been going to the Y a little bit this summer. I wouldn't even have made it out of the little room in the basement where the class is held. Who knew there could possibly be SO many stairs. The music was great, the instructor....fantastic, support from my friends....undeniable. The shaking muscles, the sweaty...everything, the red face, the gelatinous form I have become....not so nice. I think for today I will sit and sip water and have a steady in take of Advil. Maybe blink a few times...as that is the only movement that doesn't cause distress. Maybe by Wednesday morning I will be able to get dressed and do it again.....maybe.
5 comments:
What have you done? You've taken my spot with a grateful heart ;)
Lori,you heard the level of whining that everyone was doing in class today. The new routine is hard and it wasn't just you who thought so! But, believe it or not, you will get used to it and begin adding more weights for resistance before the end of the month. My shoulders are feeling sore already. Hang in there!
You can do it! I know you can do it! Just keep coming! Hang in there!
Good 4 u! I signed up for the pilates class...thought I'd start a little less intense that you. I haven't done an organized class in years. Good luck!
HA HA HA HA HA!!
I'm not really laughing at your pain. Just with it.
Post a Comment