I love Christmas trees. I always have. I have 6 trees that find their way into my decorating. Small ones like these....but not all of them are homemade. I do buy them when I see one that speaks to me. A while back I bought these foam cones to make a tree covered in buttons like my friend Heather did for her sister. I made one and gave it to my Mom on her birthday in 2008. I haven't made any more like that. I found some super soft, kinda chunky yarn at Michael's the other day and thought it would be perfect for trees.

I started at the bottom and worked my way to the top. I made sure to cover all the green foam. A wound and wound I went until it was covered and then (until I could go get the glue gun out which only took me
three days a couple of hours) I secured the yarn on the top with a push pin. On the white tree I dove into my button stash and threw a few red and green "ornaments" on with some long pins. So far...I am loving how they look.

I picked up these stars at the Wal-Mart the other day. Not sure I am digging the green one. I will check out Hobby Lobby today and see if they have anything that will make my heart sing.

The red star started out being gold....didn't work here so I took it
to the basement my workshop and spray painted it a color I love.

So easy. No special tools required. I stood in my kitchen and did this while I watched one episode of Gilmore Girls. Not bad for an hour of time. I love them.
13 comments:
What gorgeous decorations. I love the trees, they look just wonderful. Such inspiration. I also hope to see your at the "Holidy Cloche Party". I will have Mr. Linky up tonight. Hugs, Marty
I love trees too. I have 8 in my house :)
very cute idea!!! I love the Christmas colored one the best!
You are SOOOOO stinking creative! You definitely keep busy. I love all of your creations, especially the simple ones that I can keep up with! The trees are awesome, I just might have to borrow that crafty idea:)Happy Winter!
Those trees are so cute. I love the stars on top.
Ooohhh, awwhhhhhh.... you can never have enough super-cute trees like these!
Love them!!! Your crafting for Christmas has me inspired. Can't wait to make some of those.
I love them too!!! I really like the button tree idea! I LOVE BUTTONS!!! Now, I need to find the cones... Great ideas! I like the count down to Christmas too! Lori, your so talented! Luv ya!
OH! I love them!!! They turned out great...I might have to steal this idea, it is fabulous!
That little white tree just kills me--it is so stinkin' cute!!!
I love this idea! Thanks for linking!
Wow those are so great decorations. Those little trees have got to be the cutest.
I love those! I made some ornament trees, but have some extra tree forms and was trying to figure out what to make with them -now I know!
http://attemptingtobecrafty.blogspot.com/2009/12/christmas-trees.html
Post a Comment