On Christmas Eve we open one gift. It is the same every year....pajamas. At first the kids were resistant to the idea....now they like it. We did miss Kevin a whole lot this year. He is doing great and loved the pj's we sent him. I didn't get a pic of Jo modeling hers like I usually do. Oh well.
This was one of her favorite gifts this year. A very personalized ornament with the date that she officially became a licenced driver.
She was so good to me this year. Yesterday I was feeling pretty low. She did everything she could think of to make the day easier for me. She even told me that we could wake up at 6:00 a.m. to see what Santa had left for us....AND she would do it with a smile. She totally rocks. I love this kid. My kids are always trying to get me to sleep in on Christmas morning....(mostly for Kevin it's all for show. He is as excited as I am)...She made the sacrifice for me and got up as promised. The smile came later....
The dogs even got new toys. Now I can throw away the yucky old ones.
My sisters enlisted my Dad's help and bought Jim some fishing lures. One can never have too many lures....Thanks guys!!
Darla, my love, thank you for posing for the pictures.
Jo loves hats. I think it is for the same reason I buy so many blankets. We hate to be cold. She also got a bracelet making kit. She is all sorts of crafty....I just love that.....so proud. ((sniff))
Jim LOVES to read. I got him a couple of books that I know he is going to love. One of them is a dog breed book. Thus incorporating 2 things that he loves....books and dogs.
This happened on Christmas Eve. Not sure how or why. I was just minding my own business, cooking away, and CRACK!! There it is.....Oh well......
And then there is the snow that I requested for Christmas. I was happy to see that our recent purchase of snow removal equipment won't go unused.
Of course, what I didn't realize is that he was going to clear the entire yard!! HAHAHA Seriously, we have very little snow left on the grass. But....in his defense.....my short, pudgy little dog now has a nice place to potty.
So a tons of left-overs sit in the fridge....wrapping paper fills the trash....we are (mostly) happy and are grateful for the blessings of the Season. What did you do for Christmas?
We've Moved!
1 year ago

6 comments:
That pictures of Jo on Christmas morning could be you! Glad that you got to talk to Kevin! Just think, only one more Christmas w/out him there! Love the snow! Christmas is the only time I like that cold stuff! Merry Christmas!
I LOVE Jo's hat, she's rocking it too! We had a wonderful Christmas as well...loved every minute of it! We need to see picture of you this Christmas though!
I think you put together a very memorable family Christmas 2009. I can only imagine how difficult it really was without Kevin's physical presence. Your daughter, Jo, is beautiful inside and out! BTW, tell Jim that Russ snow blows his yard too and he doesn't even have the excuse of having a dog! Merry Christmas, my dear friend.
Can't believe your window! Crazy cold there.
We got the first white Christmas since the 1920's here. My kids were beyond thrilled.
Looks like you had a great Christmas. Ed does the entire yard, too....crazy men!
Thanks for sharing your day with us! I wish we could have been together, some day! Jo looks smashing in her hat...was she sooo suprised? HAHAHA! I love you!
Post a Comment