Dear Friends and Family,
We hope as this letter finds you, it finds you and yours healthy and happy. We are enjoying the Season of Giving this year from the comforts of home. While we do miss seeing our families for Christmas, this has given us the opportunity to focus on the reason for the season and appreciate the gift of the New Born King.
Here are some highlights from the previous 12 months:
January-We went to Disney World with Michelle and Kim and all our families.
We had a fabulous time...but only because my Mom threatened to be really mad if we didn't.
-We didn't love the LONGEST cold snap we have EVER experienced.
-I (Lori) made plans to visit Mom and Dad at the end of February.
February-I changed my plans to see Mom and Dad and arrived late on the 11th...in time to sing Happy Birthday to my Mom.
-Too many gentle reminders of God love to count.
-My Mom passed away on the 14th...I never did like Valentines Day anyway.
-I stayed in Idaho until March to help Dad.
March-I started working in the lunchroom at the high school for 4 hours a day at the computer. It was an OK job...just crappy hours.
April-Jim and I celebrated our 16th wedding anniversary.
May-Kevin graduated from high school (WOOHOO!!!)
Jim started to be the "go to guy" for SaraLee. He traveled to Hastings, NE every other week and stayed for a week to help put that plant back on it's feet.
-I finished my job at the high school and decided to be just on the sub list.
June-We drove home to Idaho to visit.
-Kev celebrated his birthday there with all our family.
-Jo and I got to stay in Idaho while the guys came home to go back to work.
July-Jo and I came home
-Jim stopped traveling so much for work.
-My Dad and Lacey came to visit. We took them fishing and we had such a good time.
-Jim's parents came to visit. We fished and Doug helped Jim with some projects around the house.
We played on the boat a lot too. We loved having them visit.
August-My niece Cylie Jorgie (Mom's initials...cute, huh!) was born on the 20th.
-Kevin started college.
September-Jo started high school (we now have 2 freshman in the house...weird!!)
-Jo turned 15 and is so excited to be half way to 20 ( seriously, this kids rocks. She makes us laugh every day). -I flew home to see Cylie and Kim (and the rest of the family, of course)
-It was a short visit and on the way home the man in the seat next to me died.
-Kids like school.
-Jim loves his job (as much as one who just wants to retire can possibly love a job).
October-Jo started bowling on a youth league.
-Jim had another steroid injection in his back (so far so good).
November-I subbed a lot in kindergarten...I LOVE it...weird.
-We got to go to Idaho for Thanksgiving. My Mom's side of the family had a big bash...so fun.
-We visited all our families and made lasting memories.
December-What can I say about December...
-It has snowed more than 2 feet.
-Jo is itching to get out on her snowboard.
-Kev is looking forward to the next semester of school.
-Jim is tired of me whining about the cold.
We think of you all often and wish you would come and visit. As of right now we are planning a summer send off for our missionary (YAY KEV!!) Summers here are wonderful and we always have room for visitors.
Have a Merry Christmas and a New Year filled with joy. Love, The Reader Family

7 comments:
What a beautiful family you have! I hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas and that memories of your Mom fill your heart with peace. I'm sure it will be hard without her! My prayers are with you!
Love,
Rozla
Love it!
so auntie how is it that you spell Cylie's middle name? kinda hard to have mom's initals if you spell it like that, silly! HAHAHA! I loved your letter! Thanks for sharing it! I will never be good enough to get one done! I am sorry it is so cold there! If it makes you feel any better we have TONS of snow too! I love you and will miss you on christmas morning!Hug your kids for me!
Not to ignore all of the great moments you had this year, but what? The man in the seat next to you died?
Love you guys.
Kim...good catch...I don't know what I was thinking.
CD...yeah, he had a heart attack and the doctor sitting behind us tried to save him, but no dice.
AWWWW!!! I love it. And I'll even give you an R in my 2008 column on my Christmas card list for received. And this really is Heather and NOT Salena typing this.....I know. Crazy huh? I had a wonderful evening with you ladies.....I just love you all so much! Merry Christmas and feel free to stop by if you want to visit. We'll be off of school until after the new year;)
What a great idea for your Christmas letter! WOW!!! You guys were busy this year!!! Looking forward to another year with you guys!!
Post a Comment