
Are you ready to listen to me whine?? I am having a pity party today (it's actually been going on for a few days). You are welcome to stop reading right now and I won't be offended at all...come to think of it I probably won't even know. I am trying to decide what gives me the right to complain. My family is relatively healthy, Jim has a great job, we are able to afford a pretty cushy life, my kids aren't too rebellious, and I have fabulous friends. So why do I feel like the world's whipping boy? Why am I beyond grouchy and snippy and just plain mean to the family I love so much? Why do I feel like crawling into a hole during my very most favoritest time of the year? I am without an explanation other than a few vague possibilities. Maybe it is the lack of sunshine, maybe my subconscious is trying to make sense of Christmas without my Mom (if that's the case I sure hope next year is easier), maybe I'm just too spoiled and self-centered to see my life as the fairy tale that it is. I don't know why I am this way and frankly, today, I really don't care why I'm grouchy. I just wanted everyone to know that I am aware of the situation and tomorrow if my party is over I'll try to figure out how not to be a hater. Until then, my family, friends and lurkers...beware...I may bite (and I'm really sorry if I hurt any ones feelings).

6 comments:
Oh, Lori, I can so relate!! I like to lay the blame on "SAD - Seasonal Affective Disorder", that way I don't have to take any responsibility myself! In all seriousness, I am sure you are continuing to grieve without your mom's physical presence, but know her spirit is with you and your family always.
I bite back so watch it Ms. Fabulous!!! :)
Could be SAD. Or could be that you miss your mom, and your sisters, dad, neices and nephew are so far away. Could be that I homeschool and can't play as often as you need me too! I know a GNO won't fix it, but maybe it'd help a little bit. We need to make that happen SOON. And whenever you need a pity party partner, I'll loan you Miranda!
Girlfriend, everyone deserves a grouchy day every once and a while! At least you realize the problem, and you are taking steps to correct it! So, good for you! And, you have to expect that this Christmas will be hard. Sorry. But, just remember that "this too shall pass", every day will be easier and next Christmas will too. And, you can whine to me anytime you want! Love ya!
ok well i am so happy to hear the news that it's not just me! I am really not a nice person today! I want to crawl into a hole also!SO if you make your hole big enough I will be happy to join your party instead of starting my own! My emotions are out of wack I feel as if I could cry at the drop of a hat! My reason??? Good question! Hang in there lets be crabby togther! I love ya!
I think it's so good to recognize it, apologize, and then move on. We all have days like this and your family is MUCH more apt forgive when you admit it. I'm sorry you have to do this without your mom. *hugs*
Post a Comment