wow...A lot of snow at my house in the last 12 hours. Church was cancelled last night which is good because the road got closed an hour before we would have been heading home. We did go to our Branch Christmas party last night. We had a fabulous ham dinner and tons of treats provided by various members. The primary kids (the Huberts and Belisles) acted out the nativity for us to enjoy. Two of the older kids played their respective band instruments and we sang "Silent Night". Those of us who lived further away got nervous about waiting to get going home...the storm was beginning to rage outside...so we started cleaning up. I hope we didn't offend anyone with our haste to get into our safe, warm homes...but it seemed silly to risk waiting for things to get worse before heading out. All of us did make it home safe and sound and so glad to have shelter from the storm. This whole day has been spent reading and watching Elf and eating treats from last night and just being thankful we didn't have any where to go. Not that we could have gone anywhere anyway. All the highways out of town are closed and the roads in town are nearly impassable. We are grateful for Jim's old truck. Having the option of 4-wheel drive is a good thing. With the temperature dropping by the hour (due to a significant wind chill) we aren't going anywhere...and you can't make me.
We've Moved!
1 year ago

7 comments:
Ed and Kelsey went out once and moved snow for over an hour and also went for a 4-wheeler ride. Then Ed was out again and moved snow for another hour or so. I just like being inside.
Yeehaw! It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas . . . finally. I know you've had snow, but we're just getting our first storm of the season. Joe got out the snowblower yesterday. It's snowing again and it's covered all his hard work. Poor boy.
We miss you!
PS-You were in town? How did I miss that??
Um, wow! Have I told you lately how much I love being in Texas? YIKES!
You went out and shoveled? I refused to step out and take a picture for my sister! We are worried about how Roger will be getting to work tomorrow.
Glad to hear your branch Christmas party was successful and everyone got home safely! Is everyone enjoying their snow day today? I'm grumpy that I don't have a snow day... :-(
Yah it sucked! Thank God for good friends who came and blew us out, we had 4 foot drifts around the van.
hi lori... i finally looked at your blog, soooo cute. i am still in the process of going private... its a little more work than i have time for right now!!! anyway sounds like everything is great except the weather, and we think we have it bad!!!! ha ha!!!
Post a Comment