Well, I worked yesterday. I subbed for my favorite lady. She is in charge of two delightful little girls. One is a little autistic girl with red hair (I just LOVE this kid). The other is a girl with some serious learning delays due in part to her time in the womb without a view. I like her but she is a bit naughty...just because she can be. When I've had the opportunity to work with these girls they have been either both really good or one or the other has had issues. Yesterday, however, both girls were having a hard day and in turn I had a hard day. It was the pits trying to reason, or plead, or wrestle, or chase, or reprimand, or sigh, or roll my eyes at both girls at the same time. But there were some choice moments along the way that made me want to go back. There are some really sweet kids in that class as well. I did get to interact with them. A few of my favorites just needed a brief snuggle to get them through the day. I love to here cheering when I walk into a room full of midgets. They are just sweet. I also ran into my good friend Kamiryn who is in the every-other-day-class. I was so happy to see her doing so well. She looked happy and was surrounded by friends. Of course I interrupted her snack time to steal a hug. So, all in all it was a very good (tiring but good) day...........
Second Blog
Until I got home and turned on the national radio weather channel that broadcasts from near our town. They are calling for "life threatening weather"!! What!! That's right. A major snow storm with up to 12" of snow and 40 mile an hour winds...sheesh. No thanks. When we first moved here we scoffed at the weather forecasts given 7 days ahead of time for massive weather issues. I remember "the storm of the century" that was forecasted in Idaho a few years ago that had everyone so panicked that the grocery store shelves were empty. That HUGE storm resulted in an inch or two of snow and the weatherman retired in disgrace. So we were a little sceptical when we had our first storm warning of 12-16 inches of snow. Yeah...they were right. Our town got 14.5 inches out of that storm and we have been believers ever since. The main issue I am having with this storm is it's supposed to hit Saturday night and Sunday...and our rescheduled (due to a big snow storm) Primary program is supposed to be Sunday!!! AACCCHHHTTT! I just can't win.
We've Moved!
1 year ago

6 comments:
I thought of you when I heard that storm was coming. Maybe it will miss us. It has been known to do that a time or two. I am not too worried about the YW program if it doesn't happen, I am more worried that I am not ready for it yet!
Ok well I sure don't like the sounds of that! LIFE THRETENING! Whst in the world has Jim gotten you into? Well get the candels ready and some warm balnkets and the cards! I love you be safe!!!!!!
Oh, I really hope your primary program survives. Too crazy. Did the weatherman really retire in disgrace? That's so funny. But not to him...
Glad you had a good day at the school, though. I just LOVE to visit the kids in my boys' class. It makes me super happy.
I picture where you live like on the movie The Christmas Story. Which I would love...but only during December! It was nice enough here yesterday that we went to the park..and didn't wear coats. I love the weather here all the time, but December! I would settle for a nice big snowstorm that actually covered all the rocks! Oh well. I am in Utah in a week, so hopefully they will have snow! Good luck with the Primary program!! I hope it all works out!
Yah I'm a little nervous for this storm as we are low on food...better get to the store.
I love that you get to peek in on my Kamiryn girl and that she is doing well. As for the storm....well I love having a reason not to leave the house and I love the white stuff. I just wish we could have this Program and be done with it already for your sake and my girls. I had a great time last night. It REALLY IS a wonderful life!
Post a Comment