Monday, December 15, 2008

Texas, Here We Come!!!

Usually I enjoy a good snow day...OK...you caught me. I don't. If it is too snowy for school that means a whole lot of shoveling for us. And if the snow wasn't enough...our "high" temps with the wind chill are hovering right around -45*. Yeah, so not only are we shoveling...we are shoveling in the wind.
Not an easy task to say the least. Luckily (and I use that term loosely) I do have some toasty snow gear thanks to our days of winter 4-wheeling trips. The cold aside, at least the kids are home and safe and we can hang out and play games. So, to my friends and family in Texas, New Mexico and Arizona...you might want to watch out. I might show up on your door step with a plan to stay a while.


8 comments:

Nae said...

It almost looks fun! If not for the fact that since I live in the same town, I know that it is minus 10 degrees with a -20 degree wind-chill factor. As my dad says, "It keeps the riff-raff out."

Anonymous said...

UUGH! That's all I have to say about that! I sorry you have to have snow and FREEZING weather! Wish I was there to play a round of Uno with ya! Loves!

the mom~ said...

No way you'd find me shoveling it this weather, I shovel in ABOVE zero temps only, but good for you guys! :)

Teresa said...

I know that this is probably no consolation to you but; it snowed ALL day today here and we probably got 2 inches! I love the fact that we have snow...if only for a day or at most two. Although, Brian got called into work to help shovel tonight...bummer.

Christy said...

wow - that is the snow I remember from when we were little in Idaho - we don't see it like that anymore :)

You better stay inside and don't freeze yourself to your shovel! :)

Charlene said...

My sister wants me to come visit her in Arizona. I don't think that is such a bad idea right now! I wonder how much plane tickets are?

Anonymous said...

Ok - time for Jim to take the job in New Mexico. Enough is enough for you guys!!!

Jane said...

I'll try this again - now that I can remember my sign-in =0\

Time to move to New Mexico or North/South Carolina! You guys have endured the cold/snow enough.