
Christmas Eve in our family has always been an all day event. When the kids were little we would hang out with my Mom and Dad and sisters during the day. We would eat pizza and have crackers and cheese and just enjoy the anticipation of the night to come. The kids would begin to bug us about opening their Christmas Eve gift (until they figured out it was ALWAYS going to be pajamas) at about 6:00. We would pull the special gift out from under the tree and have the kids put on their jammies and we'd head out to look at the Christmas light displays around town. Then with it being so close to bed time we'd throw a Christmas movie in the VCR and let them watch and then off to bed.
Today was a bit different...aside from all that is missing...I decided to mix it up a bit. Maybe it won't be so noticeable if
EVERYTHING is different
. I cooked (wearing the apron my Grandma made for me) all afternoon...I made all our Christmas favorites...ham, cheesy potatoes (a.k.a. funeral potatoes), rolls, raspberry jell-o salad (in my Great-Grandma's bowl) and I attempted the yummy yams that Jim's Mom makes (didn't work out so well).

We invited our friend John over for dinner because he doesn't have any family in town. After we took him home we went driving around looking for the best light displays. We made quick work of that and headed home to get into our jammies.


(I just told them they're on the naughty list)


Now we are just hanging out waiting for it to be time for bed.

Aside from a few moments of tears and longing for Christmases past...today has been a good day full of new traditions and fun memories. We are thankful for the birth of the Savior and the possibility of eternal life through him.

I think they have seen "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" with Jim Carrey a few too many times.
4 comments:
Merry Christmas to you all from us! I LOVE pajamas...I wish I could wear them to work!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the naughty list picture, CLASSIC!
Merry Christmas Reader family:)
Merry, Merry Christmas Reader's!!!
We love you and hope you are having the most fabulous day! Love you!
PRICELESS! That is all I have to say about those pictures! I love you!
Post a Comment