and trying to stay warm all night. Well...it works pretty good until about 3 a.m. So to remedy this chilly situation I decided to buy a heated mattress pad for our bed (and one for Jo cause I feel bad for her). I have looked on every web site for weeks. Bad news...all the queen size electric mattress pads are sold out. Good news...I found some cute sweaters at Penney's for a steal. Finally while browsing at Kohls.com I found what I was looking for (or at least I thought I did). So I plop 2 in my cart and proceed to check out. I was so excited and I must say my hubby hasn't been this excited for the UPS driver since we ordered his gun safe. The box came tonight and I was anticipating a warm snuggly nights sleep. I striped the sheets off the bed and prepared to assemble this...my own personal ray of sunshine...then I really looked at the package. SERIOUSLY!!! No cords?? Nothing to plug in???
Just a really #$%^&^%$#$%^ expensive mattress pad!! You've got to be kidding me. I am not exaggerating when I tell you I was crushed. I haven't been this disappointed since Jo got caught breaking curfew. Crushed, I am. So I did what any red-blooded broken-hearted girl (in a small town) would do...I went Internet shopping. Yep. I looked at a few places that I have checked in the past few weeks...still no dice. Then I decided to play a long shot and try Penney's again. SCORE!! They must have realized what with it being winter and all that a few warming options might be greeted with open arms. I grabbed 2 and hurried to check out before they changed their minds. I even got free shipping which brought my grand total to the same amount that I spent on the non-electric ones from Kohls. I have decided I needed a road trip to Fargo anyway...so I'll just take the mattress pads back and tell Kohls in person what they can do with them. I just hope it doesn't snow again before I get the chance.

6 comments:
You will love the heated mattress pad! We got one for Christmas last year from Ed's dad & stepmom--with separate controls--I requested it. We love it! Turn it on super high before bed--then turn it down so we don't bake while we sleep.
that was a great post! I love the sweater find and am glad you're keeping warm these nights. Dont ya'll turn the heat up?
Ambient Heated Mattress pad - what the ? You'll be so happy when you get it. I absolutely adore our heated mattress pad, which I have had for two years. It has dual-controls so I can turn my side up to HIGH about 2 hours before I got to bed! I love, love, love a super, toasty bed, then I turn it off and go to sleep. Of course I still put my super cold feet on my husband, but he has stayed married to me for 16 years, so I think he is used to it. ;-)
Oh oh oh oh! This is seriously the most depressing post. Most depressing to me was the thought of having to drive to a nearby town. :-) I like my stores within an arm's reach and my snow in another state. I'm spoiled that way.
Enjoy the heated mattress pad, but I would have gone with the old fashion way of staying warm....Aww.j/k. It's getting cold here in Utah too but not that cold. Have fun out there!
Brrrr! You are beyond freezing up there. You poor thing! We've got the wind falling today and the snow blowing. The snow is really moving. Fortunately the kids are in school!
Post a Comment