Yes, I do decorate with chickens. I find their rustic qualities quite charming. But today I thought you all would appreciate a good belly laugh at my expense. I thought I was probably a bit out of shape. I can go at a fair clip on the elliptical for a solid 30 minutes. I can walk at a steady pace on hilly terrain for an hour or so without whining. So I thought this new exercise class would make me a bit sore and then I would be fine. Well, today I am reduced to pecking at the key board with a straw because I can no longer use any of the muscles in my arms or legs without severe pain. I am talking about pain that I have never experienced in all of my 35 plus years. To get into my car this morning to drive to the gyno was more than I could handle without a couple of mild expletives. And when she (Dr. Gyno) asked me to scoot a bit toward her on the table...I just wanted to laugh....and then cry. I tell you...I am embarrassed at the state I have let this mortal body decline to. And at this moment in time I am silently praying that Heavenly Father will just take it back as punishment. But...I think he knows that a better consequence will be for me to have to endure this pain and the anguish of getting this body back into the shape it was meant to be in all along. Rats. I really do hate natural consequences. So as you go about your day today...slip in a little vigorous exercise....maybe a few sets of lunges. Trust me....you don't want to look like a chicken with a coke habit pecking at the key board. ouch
6 comments:
You are hilarious. I feel your pain....or felt it anyway. It does get better. ;)
I was thinking about you this morning..wondering...if Lori was able to get out of bed. Using muscles that you normally don't use on a everyday basis is..basically..torture. Weird places in the body hurt...like the butt! Happy Exercising!
you poor girl! I am sorry I know how unfun it is to hurt like that! Good luck! I hope you continue the class tho!
OMGosh, you're killin' me! LOL
I can only LOL with you b/c that's EXACTLY how I felt after my very first body boot camp too...pain I didnt know existed...not even child birth hurt as bad...
WTG though-it WILL get easier, I promise! ANd the pain will decrease...but you know what they say..."No pain, No gain!"
You are to hard on yourself! After all you out walked me---oh yea a two year old could out walk me. Hope you fell better soon.
Love ya.
Thank you for the comic relief tonight! I'll see you in class tomorrow AM. You'll recognize me as the one who can't lift her arms above her head. LOL!
Post a Comment