Thursday, June 4, 2009

Picture This

Picture this space filled with a large gathering of people. They are smiling and laughing. There is something similar in the way they laugh. There is a sameness in their smiles. They are happy just being together. There's no need for big screen TV's or high speed internet to entertain them. They do that quite nicely on their own. They laugh at their own jokes until they cry. These people think they're the funniest things on the planet.
They have their serious moments too. They discuss the world in their view like no body's business. They mourn together at a shared loss...or comfort each other so the burden is not borne alone. They love one anothers kids as their own and would trade their own happiness to bring comfort to any one of the children....big or small.
This gathering is my family. In case I forgot to tell you....they are coming to see me in 2 days. I am excited for them to see the space I made for us to gather. We can solve the world's problems if we have a comfy place to sit. I do have more chairs...they are bringing their spouses as well as my Dad. Eleven people will be showing up at my house Saturday afternoon. I am ready. I am more than ready.

7 comments:

Nae said...

You have created a wonderful oasis for your family. I'm so happy for you and can't wait to hear about all the fun!

Charlene said...

Such an inviting area to sit and chat all day long into the wee night!! Just your excitement alone has me all excited to meet your family!!!

Kim said...

My sista, we are almost on our way YEAH!!! And I must say what could be funnier then three grown women laughing until they snort and cry, and having their hubsbands roll their eyes cause they don't quiet get it!LOL! I mean really what could be funnier! Love ya, I can't wait!

cindyc said...

I love following your blog Lori...you have a beautiful way of expressing beautiful thoughts and insights. Have a great time with your family!

Kim said...

Awesome! I am so excited for you. It's nice to have your family come and see your town, your home, how you live and of course just visiting. Have fun!

the mom~ said...

Yah for family and especially sisters! Enjoy every minute of them and those kiddos!

La Mujer Loca said...

Sounds wonderful. HOpe the family get-together is great too. Enjoy it.