Thursday, August 20, 2009

One Left

It all started with my sister, Kim. She did a Pay it Forward post on which I left a comment signing me up to receive a gift from her AND making gifts for the first three commentators on my own Pay it Forward post. I actually took the first 5 and made one for Char because she was out of town. I tell ya, I don't stick to the rules so much! This is what Char's looked like before. Nice little poem about Grandmothers for sure. But it was old and faded and crying for help. So, what's a girl to do?Paint it, stain it, find the perfect paper for Char and slap a B in it....that's what. For Renae I wanted some green and orange paper that was fun and interesting...like Nae (not the green and orange part...). This was how her project started. When I bought them (there were 2) the lady exclaimed what beautiful Home Interiors pics they were. HA! Yeah...in their day they were probably fab. But what she didn't know is just how fabulous they were about to become.
I ordered this R from an on-line source that shall not be named. It took FOREVER to get here. I ordered one for my new grouping in the hall and was tapping my toe for weeks!! Anyhoo...it turned out great and all's well that ends well...right?
Then there was this swirly gold cutie. Lots of potential....just not quite the right colors. I had this in mind for Susan. Jo agreed that it did indeed look like it belonged in her house....after a little paint was applied.
I made it pretty neutral. Susan is a wonderful decorator and to make something for her was a bit scary. You just don't even know how crafty and fabulous she is. It really made me nervous to send it to her. But....the beauty of it is...if she didn't like it A- she lives in Idaho and I won't know and B- she can always change the paper and the paint color. Easy cheesy.So I do have one left. It is for Jackie. I have it finished...but again...a little nervous as to whether she will like it or not. Are you sensing a little insecurity?? Yeah...kind of a personality trait. Oh well...my own demons and all. When I do send it and get some feed back...I'll show it to you. Until then, it is Thursday. I will be checking my e-mail every 10 minutes or so. It is P-Day (prep day) in the mission field and Kev gets to send his love to his family. I will be stripping the wallpaper border in the laundry room in order to prep it for new paint. That way I will stay kinda busy and avoid the padded room option included in today's itinerary. So if you have a minute and are of a mind to, Kev could use some mail.....Elder Kevin Reader
Texas Fort Worth Mission
1331 Airport Freeway Suite #305
Euless, TX 76040
This will be Kevin's address for the next 2 years. So....I will post some before and after pics of the dreaded laundry room next week. Wish me luck with the wallpaper.....and Thursday in general!

7 comments:

Teresa said...

Good luck with your Thursday! I am doing my first full day of Sabrina in school so I am staring down the barrel of a long day too! Your crafts are way cute!! You are so creative! I hope that you kept that killer bird picture...I am sure in another decade or two it will be beautiful home interior pics once again! Have a good day!

Jackie said...

I LOVE EVERYTHING YOU DO!!!!!
Thanks for the address. He might get my other letter sometime before he leaves--I hope.

msorensen said...

you are truely the most clever witch of your year!! ahahahahahahaha!! Those are fantastic!!! You inspire me to spray paint!! I will go and get some on pay day!! hahahahahaha!!! Hope you have a great day!!

Kim said...

Hope you received your e-mail by now..so you aren't going crazy, crazy.

Charlene said...

I love my frame and I look forward to putting into my new home!! Thanks so much!

Nae said...

I'm so proud to be a recipient of your creations, Lori! Thank you very much!

Melissa said...

I love monograms~so cute!