Friday, August 14, 2009

Some Former Junk

So, as you know I have been collecting various shapes and sizes of junk. I am getting better at being more selective....but sometimes things just call to me. Some need paint....some need so much more!!This cute little sheep just needed some paint. He is even better than I hoped for. I just love GW. I have been wanting some old books to use under lamps and what not to make them taller. I didn't want to pay a lot so I got some ugly old books.Then I covered them...not so ugly any more. I used paper on 2 and fabric on one. The paper was easier to work with...FYI. Oh, and I just used double sided tape to stick everything together. I have seen this on a few blogs and I must say....it turned out pretty good.Then there was this cute little oak shelf. There is A LOT of oak trim in my house. Before I had oak trim...I thought I wanted oak trim. Now that I have it...and cannot paint it....I'm over it. Anyway, this little shelf was pretty great....if you're into that sort of thing. I, however, am into PAINT!!And so now it is black....and fabulous. Magic in a can, I tell ya. Then there was these guys. Pretty straight forward. Just some paint and fabric....oh, and wooden letters. Drum roll......... A small grouping for Christmas!! WOOHOO!! ((The color really isn't this orange....not sure what that is all about)) So, this what I have finished (other than a couple of gifts that I can't show you yet).With any luck and a little less humidity, I will mow through the rest of these frames by Halloween....yeah, maybe....if I'd quit buying more!!


5 comments:

the mom~ said...

Job well done Missy!

Kim said...

YOur too fun! I wish you were here so I could let my creative juices flow, it might help! HMMMM that's a thought! Love ya!

Teresa said...

You really need to come visit me so we can go do GW together! When I go with the kids I just think of how many germs are hiding there. But, I am sure that if you were to come with me I could find so much hidden potential!!

Heather said...

I think we should just start calling you the Miracle Worker. You work wonders on the junk that you come accross. Amazing transformations.....I love it! Who new spray paint was so much fun?

msorensen said...

FAB-LI-LOUS!!!