Friday, August 28, 2009

Project Board

I found the BEST framed print at Good Will last week. (Sorry about the pics from my phone.) It has been sitting around begging me to transform it into something useful. I loved the edge detail of the frame but the pic inside didn't do much for me. It is an old "Home Interiors" print. I finally decided what to do with it. I have been wanting to use my new color of SP. It's called Blue Ocean Breeze and it is fabulous!! I love it so much I am debating (some day) painting my craft room....or maybe my laundry room this lively shade of blue. A couple things that I did learn from this project; 1- Spray adhesive is not my friend. It is harder to use than I imagined. I started off trying to spray it directly to the print...too messy. It got on my fingers and my arm and just about everything!! B- Never use spray adhesive in the dinning room....or any room that doesn't house a car for that matter (and even that is questionable depending upon your husband). OOPS!! After I took it all outside and applied the glue to the back of the cork...it worked much better. The cork I was able to find in my town (read the dreaded Wal-Mart) came in 11.5x11.5 inch sheets. My project was bigger than that so I was forced to piece it together. I didn't like the way it looked so much...cue the da da da music. I was at the Home Depot and found some cork shelf paper. It was too thin to use on it's own but as a finish piece....perfect! And the big bonus...it was sticky on the back....no need for spray adhesive. FAB-U-LOUS!!
I love how my new inspiration board turned out and I can't wait to get it hung in my craft room and put it to good use.

5 comments:

Kim said...

It is Fabulous!! I wish I was creative like you!!

Charlene said...

It looks great! I love how you mix in the paint with vinyl lettering!

J.J. said...

You are so creative....I love it!

Nae said...

Ooooohhh! Aawwwwww! I need one of those!

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

Such a pretty color you used on the frame!