
Yesterday, August 1st was a very important day in my life.....back when it was 1979. You see I had a younger brother and a younger sister and my Mom was about to give birth to another sibling. Now this was before gender identifying ultra-sounds....so we were about to be surprised. Well....most of them were going to be surprised. I wanted another baby sister. You see, the one I already had didn't like to play barbies or house with me (she was 3 for crying out loud!!). She wanted to hang with Travis and play "boy stuff".

I needed and prayed for a little sister who would be like me and want to do girly stuff. Boy...if I had only know the power of prayer back then. My poor Mom....I did get a little sister who was very much like me....and still is. She is very different than I am too. She is strong and courageous. She is hip and cool (just ask Jo). She is one-of-a-kind. I just love this girl.

We have such a good time together. It wasn't until a few years ago when I noticed that not everyone was BFF's with their Mom and sisters. I'd just assumed that everyone had that remarkable bond. huh...I was wrong. We are so lucky to have each other. It is very hard for me to live so far away from them.

Miss Kim is a great listener and is always there for my kids as well as me. She never seems to tire of our incessant whining. She offers good advice and a shoulder when we just need to cry it out. I do wish that I could have been there for her birthday...but instead I just have to wish her all the happiness and the richest blessings from here.

So, my darling sister, I love you more than I can say and I miss you terribly. Someday I will live close to you again and we can hang out and resume our wild and crazy ways (like going to Wal-Mart together!!) Oh, how I love that girl!!!
5 comments:
Happy Birthday to your sister, Kim! I can tell she is a very special person to you.
I love going to Wal-Mart with my sister especially at 2:00 in the morning. I'm at my sister's right now and I'm sad to leave to go home tomorrow.
you are so good, to get this on here so promptly, Kim is going to get a "happy belated birthday blog" from me!! I blame it on my kids and my work computer!! When I have my pictures at home, I don't have time to blog because of Brook and Cooper and when I am at work and have a minute, I don't have my pictures!! I am going to try to download my pictures onto my jump drive and see if I can bring them to my work computer that way!!!
Dear sister, I am not sure of many things these days but one thing I know with all my heart is that we were ment to be sisters, our mother was went to be ours and I could never make it through with out my sisters! I Love you and thank my lucky stars everyday for you!
Happy belated birthday to Kim! I always wanted a sister too, but God blessed me with friends like you instead. :-)
Post a Comment