I've been doing a few projects lately. It's kept me busy and out of trouble (mostly). I found this plain tray at GW a couple of weeks ago.

It was a dollar so I figured I could find some use for it. I don't use trays a whole lot so it took me a minute to see it's true potential. Of course I painted it red....really...was there any doubt??

I tried using it as a pile catcher in the kitchen....but really??? Do I need an excuse for the family to pile stuff on the counter?? No, they do just fine on their own. Where to use it?? Then, I was cruising around Etsy and found some vinyl letter phrases that I loved. So, I bought a few without any real plan on how to use them. I'm kind of impulsive that way. ((impish grin)) When I laid the freshly (beautifully) painted tray next to the newly (very promptly) arrived vinyl phrases....well...magic happened. The tray fell in love with one of the newbies and this is the product of their union.

I love it so much....but again....where to put it?? As I was contemplating the universe at 3 this morning....it hit me. The perfect place for my lovely red tray is the top of the book case.

I bought the tall thingies at Hobby Lobby for 90% off. I got them both for $3.00. I was planning on using them for book ends but the were too tall and really just not quite right. I moved the owls from a lower shelf (also GW finds....ahh, the magic of spray paint!!). I do love them there. So, now I am on the look-out for book ends...but hey...the tray has found it's perfect new home, as have the owls. All is right with the world....for now...
7 comments:
You are so crafty my dear sister! LOVE IT! Right next to your owls that make you think of Mom a perfect phrase that explains our family! HAHAHA! Love ya!
I love, love, love it!!! The quote is awesome and the red with the color of the wall is perfect! Great job!
So cute Lori! :)
That is AWESOME! You may find your new way to make a few bucks while the kids are away! I can see it now.......Lori and the flea markets!! LOL But, really it is Awesome!
I have found a new love in GW. I went there today (telling the kids not to touch ANYTHING cuz it was all yucky) looking for a pictures from to save and give me life to. I didn't find what I was looking for, but I did find my old pants for sale! It totally made me laugh!
LOVE IT!!! Did you say 3 a.m? You crazy girl. Of course red--is there any other color. Anyway great job.I think you have missed your calling in life,home decorator--perhaps you could start with mine-I'm sure my honey wouldn't mind---hehehe.
Love ya.
It is a perfect marriage! Great job!!
Post a Comment