Monday, August 31, 2009

The Best Day Ever

Today I was going to show you my laundry room. I have painted it, put up new accessories, and organized it. I am very happy with how it turned out. I was going to wax poetic about the black (formerly oak) rack for hanging things. I was going to make you swoon with my cheap shelf of accessories found at Good Will. I was going to give you chills with my crafty nature. Really. I was. Then I got this and a text message. Bridge ready 4 school. Oh. Then my heart did one of those flippy floppy beats and threatened to stop entirely before racing on. How could this be? How can he be 5 already? Wasn't it yesterday that I was walking the floors with this little guy (to give his poor Mommy a break) while he was screaming REALLY LOUD?
Wasn't it just yesterday that we had to shut the garage door if he was coming over so he didn't immediately see the 4-wheeler and sit in the garage for the next 2 hours waiting for his fowhlllrrrr ride? We literally had to hide the dang thing.
Finally my Mom convinced my Dad that it would be fun to drive Bridger around the yard 50 or 60 times. Wasn't just last week that we figured out that this wouldn't be the only face he let us photograph. Seriously.....so funny! Lucky for us he replaced the huh? with this.....oh....the cheeks!!! Wasn't it just the other day the only things outside that he would identify were tractors and backhoes?? Pretty sure it was.....
I'm pretty sure it was yesterday he announced that his best buddies were his Dad and his Papa. I can clearly recall that it was not more than 2 days ago he was sitting in the high chair in my kitchen telling Lucy to #*it down. Pretty sure..... So how is it that he called me on the phone this morning and talked to me for more than SEVEN minutes about how excited he was to go to school today? How did that happen? When did he grow up? I will tell you that as excited for this little man to be growing and having new adventures.....my heart breaks that I am not with him to see every minute of it. At least the big stuff. Same with his sisters and Brook and Cooper. On the bright side....their Mommy's send me pictures and text messages chronicling their exploits. So I am thankful for that. Today, Bridger (and Brook), I am thinking of you and hoping you have the BEST DAY EVER!!


3 comments:

Nae said...

Why or why must the children grow older while I stay the same age? HA! Was so cute to see the growing up pics of your nephew.

Kim said...

AWE my heart melted! I sure love that little man! Thanks for the trip down memory lane! Love you!

Heather said...

I know all about yesterday. I had a newborn and a 2, 4 and 6 year old. Yesterday. *sigh* What a cutie. These are the times when I can easily admit that maybe text messaging and all the other technology of today maybe isn't such a bad thing after all. I'm so happy that they keep you in the loop.